GFA, ASM, STOS, ...

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

brackets
Atarian
Atarian

Programmer for hire (serious)

Postby brackets » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm a industrial designer and enterpreneur from Barcelona.
Time ago, I was discusing the importance of the atari st in the revolution of bedroom studios and the rise of electronic music.
Atari st was a complete revolution in the electronic music production, and the reason was the midi ports integrated, and the absolute rock-solid and ultra tight midi clock and timing (a thing that it's completely awful with today computer based systems, this means if you nowadays want to work with your computer and with drum machines at the same time, forget about it, the midi clock suffers from horrible midi clock jitter, and the drum machines loose sync very fast.

http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/20 ... nstruments

I have a concept for a clip based midi sequencer. If someone is interested, should have a minimum knowledge of how a DAW or a sequencer works.
I have no idea about programming, but I know a lot about of daws and electronic music in general.

The idea is to prototype a basic framework of the sequencer, for make sure that things are doable, and then grow with more investment and make some market studies (forums, blogs, maybe some crowdfunding, just for give the project visibility... money not needed, I have my own investment line).

Throw a PM if you are interested!

Joan

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Programmer for hire (serious)

Postby mikro » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Interesting idea, esp. considering Chris' STF remake project: https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=19&t=14 (if I get your 'business model' right, i.e. selling a next gen sequencer with/on/for the Atari ST).

brackets
Atarian
Atarian

Postby brackets » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Well, by the moment the business model it's the less clear thing to me, depending on the programmers ideas as well (maybe offer the "core" or a basic version, and then charge for ad ons..arpeggiators, midi fx...etc..).

If we start with the project, I can assume (easy) the cost of hiring , testing, web design..by myself, because I manage a investment budget (my own capital, to invest freely), I prefer to start thinking in the business model once there are some results that fill the expectations, I started many business with a clear business model, and then just kill the project because it was clear the product didn't meet the expectations.

The only money spent if we start this, will be in the programmer(s) in the initial stages of the project.

Cheers,

Joan

brackets
Atarian
Atarian

Postby brackets » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Yes, a minimal, next-gen midi sequencer.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 pm

I program midi stuff
and have a desire to coorespond with like minded individuals...where can we begin?
atari is my lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! !,
Im printing unreadable characters ...!

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:04 pm

hows your ideal coming along?
HOLD ON ! ! !,

edingacic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby edingacic » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:08 pm

This is really good idea. I would be interested in working on this as someone that can promote the project as a filmmkaer/3d animator and someone that is using ATARI for filmproduction and commercials work. I think there are few really capable people in here that could get together and with joined forces build a modern midi application and hardware. We can do it if we get together.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:34 am

yes , I agree
and the sooner the better , because these ideals don't get materialized overnight......time is critical
give us some more insight please brackets ?
HOLD ON ! ! !,

Social Media

Return to “Coding”