[edited: 8-9-2004, 19.07]
The only thing I really wanted to do is to play Gods. But getting the ST files from my PeeCee to my ST was a disaster. Tried to write them to discs with my pc-diskdrive, that failed. Tried other, direct disc options, those failed too.
I had already a nice null modem cable and tried Ghostlink, and even failed too. Until I was browsing through my old ST User discs, I found two programs that helped me, Harlekin
and a bunch of serial patches:
version 2 of Harlekin
, packed into a ST Review disc
I installed Harlekin, nice program for other targets too, and dropped the turbocts program in my auto folder on the C: drive.
With Harlekin 2 I could set the speed of the rs232 easily to 19200.
And now it works! Not fast, but it works I can connect to all of my drives on my XP machine now. I am happy
1 Atari 520ST, 1 Atari 1040STf, 1 Atari 1040 STfm, 2 Atari 1040 STe, 2 Atari Mega 1, 1 Atari Mega ST 2, 1 Mega STe, 1 Megafile 30, 1 Megafile with an IBM 1Gb replacement, 2 Atari TT030 and 1 Falcon