There have been lots of hardware projects in the past that add great things to our STs, but I always felt they did not go far enough. Or it has been like: you can have this one, but because you chose that you cannot have this one. So you have to choose between great items and are not able to take advantage of another great project.
I would try my hand in this if had any hardware design knowledge. I can solder, but I am no engineer. Therefore, I am willing to fund the development. Test boards, parts etc. There isn't a paycheck in it, but the developers and I would share in the credits of the device and any profits, if there are any.
There should be two versions of this hardware addon. One for VME and one for the internal expansion slot in STs.
This addon will have:
1. Graphics Card w/4mb RAM (built on the VME or BUS board, Internally. VGA port to back cover)
2. USB - true USB (2 ports to back cover)
3. IDE (Port to back cover, can be internal or external)
4. SD (port to back cover, can be micro SD)
6. Network (port to back cover)
8. Probably need a new 3D printed back cover with all ports to attach to.
9. And, of course, all of the drivers that go with the above.
Not all STs need all of the above, so there should be a way to turn each off from software run on the ST.
To me, this sounds impossible. So I guess the name of it should be THE IMPOSSIBLE.
ST: TT030 10/32 MB; Falcon 030 14MB(2); Mega STe 4 MB; Mga 4 stock(3), 1040STf 4 MB(3); ST 4MB (2); Megafile 44 (3); Megafile 30(4)
8-Bit: 320XE w/Ultraspeed+/FIXXL; 320XE; 130XE w/Ultimate 1MB; 600XL w/Ultimate 1MB; 800XL w/Omnimon XL/Boss XL/Omniview XL; 800 w/Incognito; 48K 800; Black Box Enhanced (3); 1050 Super Archiver II; 1050 Happy (2); XF551 360K(2); XF551 720K; 8-bit Hard Drive Tower 480 MBs.