Getting started with Gotek in STFM

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

thedavegray
Atari User
Atari User

Getting started with Gotek in STFM

Postby thedavegray » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi,
I just bought a Gotek off ebay and I'm a bit stuck on what I need to do.

1. I've set the jumper S0 on the jumper switches that are visible, i.e not taken the Gotek apart.

2. The FDD cable is not going to be long enough so I'm looking to buy an extension, do I need one that has a twist or just a flat cable?

3. Do I need to flash the Gotek to some Atari format? There's loads of videos showing how to flash with a usb serial adabptor.

4. How do I prepare the USB so that I can copy (up to 99?) .ST images onto it? I've seen a number of videos where you press both Gotek buttons in, when I do that the LED shows "uPD" then when I release u56.

5.Is there a step by step guide for this, perhaps aimed at people who've never open a piece of electronics in their lives? :-(

Help, my hair has nearly all gone.

Thanks

MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Getting started with Gotek in STFM

Postby MiggyMog » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:09 pm

The flashfloppy wiki has good info including links to videos of how to flash it using the usb a-a or USB serial cable method and has download and info on a couple of files you need to get going.

https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki.

I flashed mine last week but it does need for the jumper pins to be soldered on.
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”