Does anyone have an original SF314 disk drive With the square button ??

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

rcamp48
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Does anyone have an original SF314 disk drive With the square button ??

Postby rcamp48 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:53 am

Does anyone have an original SF314 floppy disk drive ? If so can you tell me what was originally in them as a disk drive? And how to hook up a modern disk drive to them so that it will work as drive B. I have looked all over the internet and found conflicting reports on how to do this, confusing at best. Is there someone here that has already done this with the controller used in the SF314 drive? Thanks for any help in advance, its really appreciated.

Also on the SH204 , there is an RLL/MFM board , the one I got had the activity LED hooked up backwards and it worked. It came off and my friend put the black wire to negative and the red wire to positive and it no longer works. Was this a mistake ? He said black to negative and red to positive like modern equipment, but is Atari know for being backwards on these things? I am going over to my friends for 4 hours on Thursday so we will be working on several things that day Russ.

tzok
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: Does anyone have an original SF314 disk drive With the square button ??

Postby tzok » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:28 am

SF314 was the double side double density drive. You may use regular floppy drive set to drive 0, like in any ST (media change detection may not work). In STe and STf(m) you can attach only one external floppy.

Reverse connecting the activity LED won't do any harm to anything, it just won't work until connected correctly.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”