Mega ST FPU card

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Mega ST FPU card

Postby Kroll » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi,
In this moment I have Mega ST with Matrix mono card. There is also ISD AdSpeedST and FPU card. Please look at the photo. Matrix card with the monitor Matrix M110 work perfectly, AdspedST too (external switch to 8/16 MHz), but please look at there is FPU card with FPU unit 68881. when I run Sysinfo that FPU is disable. To be active I need some drivers or something similar ?

FPU.jpg

FPU2.jpg

ADSpedST.jpg

I have an original driver diskette MatScreen, Monochrom-Treiber v.3.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Mega ST FPU card

Postby czietz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:26 pm

Did you connect the power cable as shown in the installation instructions for the FPU card: https://www.dev-docs.org/docs/htm/searc ... nd=C300443

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:48 am

I checked power suply is connected to this card. The question is:
Do I need any drivers to keep this card active? Still SYSINFO.PRG shows the coprocessor is disable. In another thread there is Gwinter shows to run Matscreen M110 card I downloaded drivers too, but I dont see drivers for this FPU card.

arf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby arf » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Kroll wrote:but I dont see drivers for this FPU card.

Driver Collection

Greenious
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby Greenious » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 pm

What version of sysinfo did you run?

as I remember sysinfo should only be telling if the FPU is present or not, as there technically is no way to 'disable' it, either it is there or it's not.

as for drivers, I don't remember there ever was any, just FPU-aware software, or sometimes FPU specific software.
Updated my guides as of june 28th, 2016. Check'em out and feedback!
viewtopic.php?t=5040

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:41 pm

Greenous: I run Sysinfo v.5.02 and there is CPU/FPU type: 68000/-----. I thought this is not working.
Additional, earlier I tried to run for example Kandynski 2.51 FPU version and crash
But now I have downloaded Driver collection and there I finded FPTEST.PRG and on the screen I have information
"MC 68881 ist vorhanden."

And that means that the card works and the FPU is visible, I have to test with another program with FPU version, to check this ?

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”