I got an MSTE for parts off ebay some time ago. I came in a box, loose, no padding!!!
The case was in pieces. The HD, and FD had broken loose, and were rattling around for who knows how long. Many IC's had popped loose.
The top case and HD top are a total lose. The bottom has no plastic standoffs left to hold the motherboard.
The motherboard looks ok, but I don't know.
It is a high end board. It has sockets for U82 (front lover left), U205 (front right center) that my working MSTE dose not have.
- Are there any high res pics (IC labels readable) of a fully populated motherboard? I could not find any I could read the IC numbers.
- What square IC's go into U82, U205? U82 is front center left, U205 is front center right, left TOS IC's
- There were four (4) loose square IC's!! More than the board was missing?!?!?!?
- one was marked 6800fn12f. I think that goes into socket U7, left center behind U82. Main CPU?
- one marked S9106AF MM9092Y, where might this one go?
- one marked CO25912, where might this one go?
- one marked CO25915, where might this one go?
- U903 (upper left of U903 is empty. What 20 pin IC goes there?
- U81 front left center is empty. What 20 pin IC goes there? This socket is empty on my working MSTE
- Under the PSU, over the copyright sicker, USA is hand written in blue ink. But it is TOS 2.05. These 2 IC's were loose, but think the C302019 goes on the left, and C302018 on the right. Correct? Any issues with USA and TOS 2.05?
- 3 of the 4 RAM Simms were loose. I was able to re-seat them properly. The white simm sockets look good.
- The RESET switch if very broken. Only the small PCB close to the MB is there, along with the outer metal cover.
- The right wide ribbon cable is loose. The top black plastic is gone, and the gray ribbon has become loose. The bottom black plastic has not pulled off the MB. I have disconnected both ribbon cabled from the riser card
I re-setaed all socketed IC's, dusted the board. The used some canned air to move more dust. I connected my working MSTE PSU, and powered on. Just the board, no keyboard, no FD,HD. Just a color SC1224. The PSU fan did not come on. NO screen output at all.
Can it boot with a broken reset switch? Or without the ribbon cables connected? Or without the missing IC's? Or without the keyboard?
The original PSU has something rattle around inside. I am not going to trust this PSU. I am not good with PSU's. Any one in USA willing to take a look at it?
The FD is a total lose. One of the read heads fell out the back of it !
The HD is an unknown. It looks ok from outside. I will connect it to my working MSTE and see what it dose. What pins do the HD connect to on the MB? They have been loose on my working MSTE for years. J290 or J291? (between FD and monitor jacks)
After I get some life into this MB, I have a 1040STE diagnostic cart. Do they work on MSTE's ?
I Know I have asked a lot here. Any help will be helpful. Please quote what you are replying too.
I have always received VERY! much appreciated help here in the past. If you have any input please post.
Many many thanks!!
UPDATED: Falcon 030(FX-1)(CF int & removable SD), MSTE 4+PS3000 4160STE 2.06+HDFD STacy4-internal-USD 1040STFM+I.B.Driver-5.25"FDD 1040STF 1040ST 520ST-AdSpeed 400-48k 800+810x2+820+822+825+830+835+850, 800XL+IndusGT 600XL 130XE+XF551x2 Portfolio 1200XL APE(Warp+32in1 OS SuperVideo 2.1 256k RAMBO)+1050x2 USD'd+SIO2PC, PC1+PCH204+PCM124+PCF554x2