Dead(?) UltraSatan?

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Dead(?) UltraSatan?

Postby leech » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:49 am

So I was back and forth attempting to get some things setup on my TT030, when randomly the UltraSatan stopped working. It powers on, blinks the LEDs as if it's reading the SD Cards, but then doesn't load anything. HDDriver (10.12) doesn't detect anything on the bus.

I then connected it to my 1040STe to make sure it wasn't the TT, same thing. Tried a different USB cable/power brick and get the same thing. And finally found my backup ACSI cable for it, and got the same thing.

Then I downloaded the US configuration program and that doesn't see it either. It just randomly died on me.
Saw on Lotharek's page that there is two pin holes if you connect it should use the emergency firmware. That also resulted in nothing.

I have a JTAG device, so could potentially write a new firmware to it via that. Any other suggestions before I whip that out?
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

frank71
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Dead(?) UltraSatan?

Postby frank71 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:08 am

Hi leech,
I got a similar problem - as you wrote, the Blackfin and the firmware are okay, the SD Card seemed to be recognized internally - same on my US. In my case the line buffer (74LV125D) was dieing due to voltage differences when plugging the US to the ST while both are powered up (bad idea). Could also be one of the inline transistors - but they are more robust.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Dead(?) UltraSatan?

Postby leech » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:22 am

frank71 wrote:Hi leech,
I got a similar problem - as you wrote, the Blackfin and the firmware are okay, the SD Card seemed to be recognized internally - same on my US. In my case the line buffer (74LV125D) was dieing due to voltage differences when plugging the US to the ST while both are powered up (bad idea). Could also be one of the inline transistors - but they are more robust.

Yeah, I wonder if I had done that on accident.. and of course inevitably I did it again when I was testing earlier tonight. I ordered another from Lotharek. Hoping it isn't either of my systems that is an issue, those are harder to fix/replace.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”