CRT monitor question - leak from rubber LOPT cap - how to solve?

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

CRT monitor question - leak from rubber LOPT cap - how to solve?

Postby Chandler » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:12 pm

I have an old Philips CM8533 RGB monitor that does work ok, however there is a noticable "hiss" and sometimes a smell from the top of the tube

So basically where the LOPT joins the tube at the rubber cap i think the rubber seal is not so good

I have removed it and cleaned the glass and inside of the rubber and re-seated it and it's better but still some "hiss" after a while

What i wanted to know is what can i do about this without the hassle of changing the LOPT?

I read somewhere that silicon sealant could be used as i guess it's just the rubber to glass that needs to be sealed

I have also seen on other monitors that there is some kind of reddish sealant around the rubber suction cap that stops it from moving at all, though a quick search hasn't found anything

Can anyone advise what can be done here? :)

Leighton
Atarian
Atarian

Re: CRT monitor question - leak from rubber LOPT cap - how to solve?

Postby Leighton » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi there, the red sealant is probably a RED RTV Silicon sealant, try Googling Red RTV sealant, or try cpc.co.uk they have an extensive range of RTV sealants available. Made by Dow Corning. Leighton

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”