Monitor NEC MultiSync LCD1970NXp and Atari.

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Monitor NEC MultiSync LCD1970NXp and Atari.

Postby Atarieterno » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi guys;
I bought the CenturionTech DIN-VGA adapter some time ago, but I could not prove it until now that I bought a supposedly multisync monitor: NEC MultiSync LCD1970NXp.
I have tested the monitor with the adapter on the Mega ST and STacy computers, and it does not work.
The low resolution is distorted and in high resolution the screen remains black and blocks the functions of the monitor (the "Menu" button and the others do not work).

Any help with this topic?

Thank you.

ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Monitor NEC MultiSync LCD1970NXp and Atari.

Postby Atarieterno » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 pm

One piece of information: all resolutions work well in TT.
The resolution "ST low" is an "authentic" mode in the TT or is rescaled or with any other modification ?, I mean that if it has 15 Khz horizontal.

Faucon2001
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Faucon2001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:16 pm

I own the same monitor and it works perfectly with my STE and Falcon, in ST Low, Mid and high, and Falcon RGB and VGA. The only difference with you is that I use the Best Electronic cable for the STE and à own made one for the Falcon.
I suspect something is wrong with your adapter, even though it can also be the ST, the cable or the monitor. Sorry not to help you more but you need to test by elimination.
Philippe

Firebee, Falcon, STE, Aranym Box, Hatari Pi Box.
My music http://www.philippeworld.net/
My photography http://phil-67.deviantart.com/
EasyAraMint, BeeKey and BeePi https://sites.google.com/site/emaappsarch/home

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Faucon2001; Thanks for the answer.

I suspect that the adapter fails, because it is very strange that it does not support the high resolution that is easily accepted by any monitor. And all the resolutions (low, medium and high) work well with the TT that does not need an adapter.

mpattonm
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mpattonm » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:39 am

Sorry to hear you have troubles with your ST2VGA, but the fact is I test each and single one before I pack and ship. Could be your monitor is off spec now, since they age the same way all the electronic does. And its not really youngster anymore.
Also, there are documented cases of two monitors, sharing same brand name and type, that are simply different inside. It is very common, that a manufacturer comits significant engineering change during product life cycle, while keeping the same product type. That change can be (and was in several cases) firmware change, component change, panel change, or even motherboard change.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTY that certain monitor will work in Low/Med with ST2VGA (or ubeswitch for that matter) even if someone else has a positive experience with that same LCD brand/type.

Truth is any monitor should work at least in ST HIGH. On the other hand, there is no active component in the switch, ergo there is nothing that could somehow change its parameters to the point it would show the sympthoms you are seeing. It either works or not. ST2VGA was designed that way - simple and reliable as possible.

What I can only suggest for you to try another monitor (in ST high at least) and you will very quickly see where the problem is.
In any case, if you find an ST2VGA beeing the failure point, simply ship it back to me, I will replace it promptly. No big deal.
Pavel

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:57 am

mpattonm wrote:Sorry to hear you have troubles with your ST2VGA, but the fact is I test each and single one before I pack and ship. Could be your monitor is off spec now, since they age the same way all the electronic does. And its not really youngster anymore.
Frankly speaking, as there is no active component in the switch, there is nothing that could somehow change its poarameters to show the sympthoms you are seeing. It either works or not. ST2VGA was designed that way - simple and reliable as possible.
What I can only suggest for you to try another monitor (in ST high at least) and you will very quickly see where the problem is.
In any case, if you find an ST2VGA beeing the falure point, simply ship it back to me, I will replace it promptly. No big deal.
Pavel

Thanks for answering.
When I got the TT I no longer use my faithful ST that has been with me for so many years, and now it rests in my old room at my parents' house. When I go to visit them I will bring back my ST and I will do more tests, but you are probably right in what you say. Although this monitor model works perfectly with my TT, other users have this monitor and also it works with the ST, maybe mine has a version of the electronics that is different and does not reach 15 Khz of the low resolution.
Please don't be offended, only I have asked and on that same date I also asked you.
Thank you.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”