NetUSBee Setup

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

LuigiThirty
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

NetUSBee Setup

Postby LuigiThirty » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:17 pm

I just got a NetUSBee and I'm having some trouble getting the networking going on my unaccelerated 1040ST running Geneva and Neodesk.

I've installed Sting and downloaded the Ethernec driver, ENEC.STX. The link light on the network port is on and I get only one of three blinky lights on my switch. Unplugging the network cable crashes TOS, which I guess is a good sign. I set it up with my IP address and set up the routing table to point to my router. Sting sees the cartridge and reads the MAC address. However, the ST never shows up in my router's device list. Also, with Sting going, Neodesk crashes on load with a bus error. I can start it again through the Geneva shell and then it comes up. I think Neodesk is crashing and taking the network driver with it since I can't ping 127.0.0.1 either.

Is there a newer driver than Ethernec? The link on Lotharek's site is dead.

I know the link itself works because uIP tool connects me to my LAN no problem. It's got to be ENEC.STX.

LuigiThirty
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: NetUSBee Setup

Postby LuigiThirty » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:06 am

The problem seems to be my TOS 2.06 softboot. I guess I don't need it if I'm running Geneva and NeoDesk.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”