Atari Falcon 030 - 4MB

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

solidcore
Atarian
Atarian

Atari Falcon 030 - 4MB

Postby solidcore » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi guys

I'm new here and have recently acquired my fathers Atari Falcon 030 - 4MB so undoubtedly I'm not only excited to be it's new proud owner but also want to mod the sh-t out of it.

The problem I'm having right now is getting a Gotek to play nicely, I've tried throwing STX files at FlashFloppy with strange results, spent some time to understand that STX files are copy-protected floppies and aren't really supported by firmwares for the gotek. So the question I must ask is what's the proper way to run such files? Convert them to HFE somehow? and does flashfloppy really support all this yet?

I'm lucky to have a (aftermaket?) simm memory board so I'm likely to upgrade her to 16MB (14MB) simm 70ns EDO in the coming weeks, and I'll try give her a IDE and RGB scart because RF is so damn blurry.

Chris

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Atari Falcon 030 - 4MB

Postby alexh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:18 pm

I think you're the first here using the FlashFloppy with aFalcon030. Most of us are using the HXC firmware

solidcore
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Atari Falcon 030 - 4MB

Postby solidcore » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:13 pm

@alexh, yeah I'm thinking that too, I've tried many STX to HFEv3's and not got a successful boot off any game yet.

I will likely flash it with hxc firmware today.

Thanks mate.

Chris

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”