The Atari ST Book and Writing Input Recognition...

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Mindthreat
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

The Atari ST Book and Writing Input Recognition...

Postby Mindthreat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:22 am

Question: On the Atari ST Book - the bezel/screen area to the left - is that just a rigid blank piece of plastic or is there actually a screen covering it?

Trying to disassemble the reasoning behind the design layout and I'm now wondering if it wasn't intended to be used as a STlyus form of input for signature or writing/recognition. Since it was right around the time they were also working on the STPad (IIRC), it would make sense perhaps that this was a forward thinking idea and that you could ultimately flip the entire screen down... an ST Book... as in, something you could literally write into and the machine would translate your writing into text instead of typing.

Judge for yourself:

stbook3x.jpg

stbook1.jpg
P.S. - I'm still looking for one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"To create the future, you must first embrace the past." - http://cerka.weebly.com

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Re: The Atari ST Book and Writing Input Recognition...

Postby spiny » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:49 am

I would have thought it was just because displays that filled the whole lid area were simply not available at the time (or not available at a price point that worked for Atari)

The Stacy is the same, 4x3 screen, anything wider would have been non standard, or much much taller.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”