TT and MSTe PSU

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: TT and MSTe PSU

Postby joska » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Bama wrote:I am all set to make the conversion but I just read some old warnings by Exxos.

PicoPSU's are designed for modern computers that works at a much higher speed with lower tolerances and much higher power demands than our old Ataris. I read exxos' warnings, and while they were interesting they were also IMO irrelevant to us. Also, keep in mind that those warnings comes from a person that sells his own PSUs.

I have been using PicoPSU's (including cheap clones) in several Ataris with no issues. Milan060, Falcon/CT60, Falcon/Afterburner/Eclipse, STE/MonSTEr... All working perfectly fine and all powered from a single XBOX powerbrick.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

troed
Atari God
Atari God

Postby troed » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 pm

joska wrote:all powered from a single XBOX powerbrick.

Thanks for that little tidbit - I hadn't thought about it :D I have a bunch of those laying around (used to mod a lot of Xboxes back in the day).

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm

These are great - loads of current and very stable voltage. I power four computers and one monitor at once from a single brick.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

Bama
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bama » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

joska wrote:These are great - loads of current and very stable voltage. I power four computers and one monitor at once from a single brick.

Cool!!!
Please post a photo of your PSU setup.
:-)
BAMA

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”