Are there any kind of instructions available on how to upgrade an extsing 1040STE with MonSTEr? I would like to take a look.
What will be price for the needed parts?
How can I place an order?
Sorry if I missed anythiung here, but I checked the following website and could not find any answers to my questions above:http://www.atarikit.co.uk/
There are no instructions at this time, but it's pretty simple....
For 80GBP version....
1. Remove CPU with CPU extraction tool. You can get the extraction tool from ebay for a few $$$
2. Pop the CPU into the socket on the monSTEr board.
3. Pop the monSTEr board into the old CPU location.
4. Connect the interrupt cable to DMA port.
5. Remove your old TOS ROMs.
6. Attach your IDE devices.
7. Boot up, and install the software, play around.
For 50GBP version.
1. Insert monSTEr into the PLCC pins with the pin headers. Can be a little harder for people to align pins and possibly damages the PLCC socket if you have a bad installation.
2. Follow step 4 and beyond above.
I've not yet updated the MonSTer web page.
Falcon CT60, Falcon CT63 x2, TT x3, MegaST x2, MegaSTE x2, STFM x2, STE x2, STacy, STBook, (Dead) Hades 060, Milan 060, T40.