1.44Mb HD module info request.

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: 1.44Mb HD module info request.

Postby exxos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:28 pm

DSCN1058e.JPG

Been in construction over drive again today. I found a old V4 board so bodged on a GAL on that. I've done the GAL code for the switching. It operates the same as my TTL version :)

It was cool in initial testing when I heard the drive go grrrrrrrrr instead of EEEE when first power up. So I knew the 6ms part was working. I must get some geek points for really knowing the sound of my floppy drive ??

Considering I couldn't sleep last night (maybe a hour) done this basically being asleep, so not doing to well :) I could be dreaming I have actually done this though... :lol:

I will start work on a PCB for it later. I wanted to avoid using GAL's for this as they are hard to find. Though the TTL chips are getting a problem to find anywhere. Even so the diagram for the TTL one is on my site anyway. So the design isn't "lost" if anyone wants to build it. GAL version will be V6. There are currently 2 kits of V5 TTL based one left. Thats the last 2 which are on sale in my store. They are discontinued now so once they are gone, thats is for the TTL ones :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - various clutter

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm Latest Steem Emulator

WolfMax
Atariator
Atariator

Postby WolfMax » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi Ralcool

Did you get the file ok?
if so, have you had a chance to look it over?
Cheers

Colin

"Anyone wanting to be a Politian, should automatically be excluded from being one!"

WolfMax
Atariator
Atariator

Postby WolfMax » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Well, that's the end of that!

Tried to pull the plastic shroud from one of the connectors on my module and pulled the connector right out of the PCB :oops:

Since the kind installer thought it would be a good idea to epoxy the module to the system board, I can't remove it to repair the connector without the risk of damaging the system board which I'm not prepared to do.

So goodbye 1.44MB floppies! The dream was nice while it lasted (I know there are other options but read on).

I'm hoping to be in line for one of the next batch of CosmosEx units where upon, I will turn the floppy drive into an external unit.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and help with this
Cheers

Colin

"Anyone wanting to be a Politian, should automatically be excluded from being one!"

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”