printer cable

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

composer
Atarian
Atarian

printer cable

Postby composer » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:13 am

I need to print out some scores from Notator SL. I haven't had a printer attached to my 1040 for some 10 years plus - having dug out my old Star LC10, I appear to have lost the printer cable. I've searched local pc shops and the net trying to purchase a cable without success. Would anyone know where I can get a cable from in the UK (6 pin DIN to 25 pin D)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dark Willow
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Dark Willow » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:44 am

There used to be a company (now this going back years) called Meadmore that used to custom build cables for you. It might be worth tryign to hutn them down, failing that you can buy most connectors at a place like Maplin, along wit hte wire, if you knwo the pin layout then that is the easiest way, unless you are like me and hopeless with small fiddly hands on things like wiring!
TT030, 10mb/16mb, 3.5" SCSI multi-card reader (2gb CF/512mb SD), Matrix TC1006 gfx card, EtherNEC, Epson GT scanner, VanillaMint | 1040STe, 4mb, TOS 1.62, MegaFile 60, SM125 | Lynx II | 800XL, 64k, 1050 disk drive, XC12 tape deck, MicroLink parallel adapter

PuppySoft:Projects & More

composer
Atarian
Atarian

Postby composer » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. There are probably quite a few companies that could make up a cable, and I may even end up making it myself out of sheer desperation... but there must be a company out there with a small stock of old interface cables. I'm told that a Commodore cable would be compatible, but again I've been unable to locate anyone who's got something similar in stock. Overall, the situation is very frustrating, and I've spent weeks searching.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

simbo

Postby simbo » Fri May 14, 2004 2:48 am

a printer cable comes in three or more forms

1} bi directional
2} centronics
3} parrallel

i used a cable from a scanner it is centronics
and it works fine

but centronics is the one you want and bidir centronics is the type
try maplin in the uk or RS componets for a centronics cable

a star lc10 is a black and white dotmatrix im sure ribbon fed

so it is centronic with a large normal printer port centronics

composer
Atarian
Atarian

printer cable

Postby composer » Fri May 14, 2004 11:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've abandoned the lc10 now in favour of a Deskjet 600, and it performs brilliantly with C-Lab Notator, using the Deskjet 300 driver that's provided with Notator.

Cheers
Composer

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”