stormy wrote:Mega STE has internal ASCI, so you can use the UltraSatan either externally or internally. I don't see the requirement for IDE when there is such a solution available.
Bikerbob wrote:stormy wrote:Mega STE has internal ASCI, so you can use the UltraSatan either externally or internally. I don't see the requirement for IDE when there is such a solution available.
That is a funny response. ..because the exact same thing could be said about any ST machine they all come with an external asci port.. so why do they need IDE. Why need USB or hdd.. floppies and original mice work.
The why is because... because it's a hobby. Because if it could be done for the TT and the ST.. WHY NOT the megaSTE.
Instead of telling me what I can do or not.. why not if your part of the design group just explain the decision. . Was it too difficult? Was the plcc cpu an issue?
I fork over money no issues for items.. if I want them I don't complain about costs. But just being told to be quiet and use what you have ... well I don't appreciate that much thanks.
czietz wrote:The Lightning ST is an addon board for Atari ST/STm/STf/STfm/MegaST and it offers...
1. USB interface compatible to the Lightning VME:
- Drivers for TOS, MagiC, MiNT.
- Supported devices: USB mice, keyboards, storage (like USB flash drives), printer.
2. IDE interface with the same features as the Thunder IDE:
- Falcon-compatible interface usable with all hard-disk drivers
- Smartswap feature allows fast access to PC-compatible (i.e. byte-swapped) media for easy data exchange
3. TOS decoder for TOS 2 or EmuTOS 256k:
- Note: ROMs are not included on the board, needs external TOS ROM board (or flying wiring)
joska wrote:Interesting piece of hardware, but... I have MonSTer cards in all my (usable) ST's. Is it possible to disable the Lightning IDE so it can be used together with existing IDE interfaces?
TXG/MNX wrote:@czietz can you build an adapter board with this plcc
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests