A couple abandonware apps

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby Rustynutt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:14 am

leech wrote:Yeah, I downloaded them all to my phone last night as I was laying in bed reading this post! Very excellent. I should probably link this post to my post of the 'still being developed' post.

Actually we really should put these things in a wiki. I've actually bought Atari software recently to show my support for those which still will develop for our beloved platform. Though not so much that I can afford the full Calamus package, which is like 999...

My phone got so hot had to dip it in Genesolv!
A few months back purchased all new manuals and disk for the complete ExtenDos suite from Anodyne (Roger is awesome!).
Think for Christmas will drop the wife a hint for the full Calamus package (she thinks I'm special, as well as crazy!).

Most of these downloads I've purchased in the glory days, missing some of the updates, and ones that were hard to get in the US.

Must say there a bit of underlying guilt though. So many programmers freely commit their time to our platform. The hardware developers are putting out so many great options for Atari's, it's darn near mandatory to purchase as much as you can afford to enjoy (figure most like me are well past gray!), and pass on legacy hardware to those in upcoming generations that wish to do more with computing than walking through a VR world with the biggest stick :)

Oh yea, keep paying up for those Falcons, when they become as cheap as a C64, then that's all they'll ever be.

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:22 am

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
Playmobil wrote:
TheNameOfTheGame wrote:Thank you. I updated the first post with your French version of Magic! :cheers:

Please use another link too, because my mega-link, maybe lost in few month... I prefer that my files uploaded everywher to not lost them...

Poor english, I know ! :lol:

Hmm, I try to download from Mega and it says:

Code: Select all

The provided key is invalid.  Please check that the key is correct or ask the creator of the link again

:?:

*Edit* I will put up Kobold soon, but I have to scan the manual in first.

Playmobil wrote:
Maartau wrote:Kobol 3.5 in English was pretty... I can made a French version if the RSC are "editable"

Yes, it is nice and it integrates smoothly into Jinnee so it can be used for file transfers,etc instead of the built-in routines. Any translation would be great!

KOBOLD is the chit! If you've never used it, really missing out. Think it integrates with Ease as well.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 am

Rustynutt wrote:
leech wrote:Yeah, I downloaded them all to my phone last night as I was laying in bed reading this post! Very excellent. I should probably link this post to my post of the 'still being developed' post.

Actually we really should put these things in a wiki. I've actually bought Atari software recently to show my support for those which still will develop for our beloved platform. Though not so much that I can afford the full Calamus package, which is like 999...

My phone got so hot had to dip it in Genesolv!
A few months back purchased all new manuals and disk for the complete ExtenDos suite from Anodyne (Roger is awesome!).
Think for Christmas will drop the wife a hint for the full Calamus package (she thinks I'm special, as well as crazy!).

Most of these downloads I've purchased in the glory days, missing some of the updates, and ones that were hard to get in the US.

Must say there a bit of underlying guilt though. So many programmers freely commit their time to our platform. The hardware developers are putting out so many great options for Atari's, it's darn near mandatory to purchase as much as you can afford to enjoy (figure most like me are well past gray!), and pass on legacy hardware to those in upcoming generations that wish to do more with computing than walking through a VR world with the biggest stick :)

Oh yea, keep paying up for those Falcons, when they become as cheap as a C64, then that's all they'll ever be.

I totally agree about supporting those that support us still. Though ironically if we had all thought this way back in the day (and weren't poor kids 90% of the time) we may have been hving more software and modern hardware still. Though on that note, I bet anything that in that alternate universe themost we would have is all x86 based systems, but at least the OS and case style could have remained.

I would love to buy the full Calamus package, but I definitely would require a much better workspace and be able to close my Falcon so that I could use it in full capacity of the keyboard.

Probably once I get my own house.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:22 am

nagual wrote:Someone ask for NVDI 5.03 ? :angel: :angel:

Well my friends, here it is, a full (not update) install version made by XiT (all relevant info, including serials is inside archive).

Thanks XiT for effort:-)

Enjoy:-) :cheers:

Big thanks for that!

Recently started building a couple hard drive mirrors from scratch.
Don't know where I DL the NVDI update, but it would never take.
I've used NVDI since V 2.x, this was something I just passed off for now.
So there must be a funky archive out there. I'll locate the file and post a byte count when I get a moment.
Having a fully updated package in one shot is they way to go!

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:10 am

Here's small addendum, Face Value english documantation for version s 1.1 and 2.0

Unfortunately, Face Value has never been released in english version from version 3.
Anyway, I think principles is more-less the same, and differences between version 2.0 and 3.2 could be solved reading the german manual.

I was thinking about translating whole manual on english, but, question is, how many people actually need/want FaceValue manual...
And, I need time for that, this is not a simple task:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Playmobil
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Playmobil » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:54 am

Thanks nagual !

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Well boys and girls, now something completely different - for programmers and the others - some developing system - ACS Pro 2.3.4 and 3.0.0 full registered, thanks to Mr. Martin Elsässer !

There's both versions - german and english, including all documentation as HYP files , Pure C, GEM and TOS Libraries (english and german), and also a bunch of useful utilities:-)

Here's the link for ACS Pro 3.0.0
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1z ... 24yZHU3cGM

Other downloads is bellow:-)

Cheers ! :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:12 pm

And just found...

Omikron Basic Programmier praxis from Markt&Technik book Atari ST - Programmierpaxis Omikron Basic 3.0

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm

RealLarry wrote:

Great thread - and thanks for all the fish!
But please have a look: Ergo!Pro is havin' the same link as Face Value :wink:

Thanks! Updated the list.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:18 pm

nagual wrote:Well boys and girls, now something completely different - for programmers and the others - some developing system - ACS Pro 2.3.4 and 3.0.0 full registered, thanks to Mr. Martin Elsässer !

There's both versions - german and english, including all documentation as HYP files , Pure C, GEM and TOS Libraries (english and german), and also a bunch of useful utilities:-)

Nice! Are they any different from the one's on Martin's webpage? http://acspro.atari.org/ACSpro/Frame/index.html? Also looking for betas and unreleased versions! :cheers:

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:02 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
nagual wrote:Well boys and girls, now something completely different - for programmers and the others - some developing system - ACS Pro 2.3.4 and 3.0.0 full registered, thanks to Mr. Martin Elsässer !

Nice! Are they any different from the one's on Martin's webpage? http://acspro.atari.org/ACSpro/Frame/index.html? Also looking for betas and unreleased versions! :cheers:

Of course, it's registered :-))
Just joking, on download link you can find just parts, not whole app...
And I found some betas, it's actually version 3.0.0 with some bug fixes
Unreleased versions - nope :?

Here's the links:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1zHZ8sGgRTXhBLURvZGwzVW8
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1zHZ8sGgRM2t2NzhuRDk5S0k
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1zHZ8sGgRcHFZTm5HT1JaSVE

I have with Martin just basic mail conversation, he gave me serial's after my second or third mail - I didn't ask him to give me for free, but he decide to give me just like that, and I'm, really gratefull for this:-))

But, you know, funny thing is, that a lot of former Atari programmers looks like have shame for his Atari work, I'll be proud as hell if I wrote program like ACS Pro, or MagiC, or Geneva or....continue the list...

Cheers:-) :cheers:

P.S. Any news about Regent Base II ? :D

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:07 pm

nagual wrote:Of course, it's registered :-))
Just joking, on download link you can find just parts, not whole app...
And I found some betas, it's actually version 3.0.0 with some bug fixes
Unreleased versions - nope :?

Here's the links:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1zHZ8sGgRTXhBLURvZGwzVW8
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1zHZ8sGgRM2t2NzhuRDk5S0k
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1zHZ8sGgRcHFZTm5HT1JaSVE

P.S. Any news about Regent Base II ? :D

Oh awesome! I didn't realize it was still shareware.

No news yet, he's supposed to send the software to my address so it may take a week or so. :cheers:

penguin
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby penguin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:08 pm

nagual wrote:And just found...

Omikron Basic Programmier praxis from Markt&Technik book Atari ST - Programmierpaxis Omikron Basic 3.0

This should be added to the Atari Documentation Archive. I've recently sent Lonny copies of four book disks, which have all been added (in: Out of Print Books).
AtariUpToDate - Atari ST/TT/Falcon software database and version tracker: http://www.atariuptodate.de
st-computer magazine - https://st-computer.atariuptodate.de/

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 pm

I'll be adding all my remaining German ASH manuals in the coming days for the German users. Except PureC lol, it's 3 huge manuals :(

ASH Emailer
ASH Utilities
CAB
Jinnee
Texel

If any of these have already been scanned, please let know so I don't duplicate the effort. Thanks! :cheers:

Any Interest in the English Ease desktop manual? Sadly the last version I have a manual for is v4 but I can put it up it someone wants it.

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 pm

penguin wrote:
nagual wrote:And just found...

This should be added to the Atari Documentation Archive. I've recently sent Lonny copies of four book disks, which have all been added (in: Out of Print Books).

Yes, you're right, mea culpa:-)

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Oh awesome! I didn't realize it was still shareware.

No news yet, he's supposed to send the software to my address so it may take a week or so. :cheers:

Ah, no problem, sorry, sometimes I'm just like a baby :cheers:

arf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby arf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
nagual wrote:
TheNameOfTheGame wrote:I talked to Derryck Croker of CCC/DDP and he confirmed there was a Texel 2.30 beta which was translated by Peter West. I'm trying to contact Peter to see if it still exists. This would be a major find!

Indeed :D

I know, it would be exciting. Maybe Thomas Much would even release the source now since ASH stopped selling it, but I have no contact information for him. If anyone knows how to reach him, please PM me.

I’m talking to him since quite a while about this. I have the source of Texel here, fully compilable, so it is definitely not lost. But I need a bit more time to convince him …

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 pm

arf wrote:
TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
nagual wrote:
Indeed :D

I know, it would be exciting. Maybe Thomas Much would even release the source now since ASH stopped selling it, but I have no contact information for him. If anyone knows how to reach him, please PM me.

I’m talking to him since quite a while about this. I have the source of Texel here, fully compilable, so it is definitely not lost. But I need a bit more time to convince him …

Excellent. Maybe a good argument for releasing the 2.30 binary and/or source is since ASH stopped selling Texel more than 1 and 1/2 years ago. Thanks for letting us know. Good luck! :cheers:

*Edit* Could you post a changelog for the 2.30 Beta or would that be not allowed? Also, I think I heard Texel was written with Pure Pascal? Since you can compile it, could you let us know what the last version of PP there was? I have only seen v1.1.
Last edited by TheNameOfTheGame on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:54 pm

My 2 cents :-)

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Any Interest in the English Ease desktop manual? Sadly the last version I have a manual for is v4 but I can put it up it someone wants it.

I have 2 different (in size) versions of english Ease 5 manual, so, I can upload to my Google drive and you can transfer to Dropbox - it's good to have all apps on one place:-)

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:17 pm

nagual wrote:

I have 2 different (in size) versions of english Ease 5 manual, so, I can upload to my Google drive and you can transfer to Dropbox - it's good to have all apps on one place:-)

Perfect! Thanks! :cheers:

Neurotoxic

Postby Neurotoxic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:39 pm

A really impressive collection of former high quality applications for the Atari TOS computers! But I think there's one application missing. Could you upload Papillon 3.04, please? I've got the german version of this application if it's needed.

There was also a raytracer called "Raystart". I think its final version was 3.1? Perhaps someone could upload this application, too? I have to take a look at the ssd of my Milan. I think I have Raystart" but not the final version.
520 ST(M) (TOS 1.02), Falcon030 (16 MHz, 16 MB RAM, CF-Card, MiNT & MyAES), Milan040 (25 MHz, 48 MB RAM, EasyMiNT 1.90), Firebee, PowerMac G5 Late 2005 (2 x 2,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.5), iMac 4K Late 2015 (intel Core i7 4 x 3,3 GHz, Mac OS 10.11.6), IBM XT SFD (640 KB RAM, DR DOS 6.0), Compaq LTE 5300 (Pentium/133 MHz, DR-DOS 7.03), AT-PC (Cyrix 6x86L/200 MHz, Windows 98 SE/MS-DOS 6.22 & Windows 3.11)

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:57 pm

Neurotoxic wrote:A really impressive collection of former high quality applications for the Atari TOS computers! But I think there's one application missing. Could you upload Papillon 3.04, please? I've got the german version of this application if it's needed.

There was also a raytracer called "Raystart". I think its final version was 3.1? Perhaps someone could upload this application, too? I have to take a look at the ssd of my Milan. I think I have Raystart" but not the final version.

Well, my friend, here it is, a Papillon 3.04 english version, registered and ready to start:-)
Raystart version 3.1, but german version...

Cheers! :cheers:

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nagual » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:59 pm

And here is a link for Raystart 3.1 german version

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Y1z ... kpROWVMbkU

:cheers:

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:00 am

Ok I added Papillon 3.04 SP 1 German and the Papillon 3.04 SP1 English patch by DDP. Sorry I don't have a manual for it to scan in :(

*Edit* nagual you are fast! I was uploading the files and you had put a link already :lol:

Social Media

Return to “Applications”