A couple abandonware apps

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

User avatar
1st1
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 11:48 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby 1st1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:24 pm

nagual wrote:
1st1 wrote:Hey, great, thanks, but Christmas is just in three month...?!?!?


it's just a warming up :-)

...

So, stay tuned:-)


We may have a swap? I have about 500 GB of ST stuff on my (local) server, inclusive games, demos, docs, books, ...
Power without the Price. It's not a bug. It's a feature. _/|\_ATARI

1040STFM in PC-Tower (PAK68/2, OvrScn, 4 MB, 1GB SCSI, CD-ROM...) * 2x Falcon 030 32GB/14MB+ScrnBlstrIII * 2x TT030 73GB/20MB+Nova * 520/1040STFM * 520/1040STE * 260/520ST/+ * some Mega ST * 2x Mega STE 500MB/4MB+M.CoCo * Stacy * STBook * SLM605 * SLM804 * SLM605 * SMM804 * SH 204/205 * Megafile 30/44/60 * SF314 * SF354 * 5x Pofo * PC3

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Added Ease 4 user manual English and Ease 5 update pages English. :cheers:

Still looking for Ease 5 English full or update disk. If anyone has it please pm me!

Some sad news about my remaining German ASH manuals. They turn out not to be the latest releases. :(

Texel is 2.0 or 2.1 (1997), Jinnee is 2.x (1997) and Cab is 2.6 (1997). If anyone still wants them scanned, let me know.

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 pm

1st1 wrote:
nagual wrote:
1st1 wrote:Hey, great, thanks, but Christmas is just in three month...?!?!?


it's just a warming up :-)

...

So, stay tuned:-)


We may have a swap? I have about 500 GB of ST stuff on my (local) server, inclusive games, demos, docs, books, ...


Jesus !!!

Well, I have about 380GB, but no games, no menus, no 8-bit apps and docs etc.
Actually, it's a pretty mess on my drive because I'm making a sort of repositorium, so I need to organize all my software archive :o
And I have a lot of same versions but with different hashes, or PRG/APP has different size etc...
And also, I have TOSEC and HANGLOOSE archive, but, as I said, vwithout games and menus.

Do you have some kind of list ?
I'm particularly interested in desktops, specially the less known, databases (looking for card databases), system utils, interesting developing system for apps, HYP files, compilers etc...in one word - production software, and if is not very well known - much better :D

Because I enjoy finding gems :-)

Cheers ! :cheers: :cheers:

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:39 pm

And I don't have any Atari (very, very sad story and I'm still incredible nervous about that :evil: :twisted: ), so I need to run every program on , at least, 3 emulators - Tos2Win, STEmulator and Magic PC and, of course, Aranym with many different setups - N.AES, Geneva, MagiC, with or without NVDI/FVDI etc...

User avatar
leech
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby leech » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:54 pm

nagual wrote:And I don't have any Atari (very, very sad story and I'm still incredible nervous about that :evil: :twisted: ), so I need to run every program on , at least, 3 emulators - Tos2Win, STEmulator and Magic PC and, of course, Aranym with many different setups - N.AES, Geneva, MagiC, with or without NVDI/FVDI etc...


SHAME!
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ob7p7lDT99cd2/giphy.gif
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (fully upgraded (soon!))
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

penguin
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:43 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby penguin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:00 pm

nagual wrote:
Do you have some kind of list ?
I'm particularly interested in desktops, specially the less known, databases (looking for card databases), system utils, interesting developing system for apps, HYP files, compilers etc...in one word - production software, and if is not very well known - much better :D

Because I enjoy finding gems :-)


Finally someone who cares about apps :) AtariUpToDate is in some parts fairly comprehensive, especially for emulators, programming languages and some other categories. Lots of entries come from software listings published as books.

I'm still looking for SM-Text 520 (first word processor), MasterText, Sleepy Joe, LDW Basic Compiler and Softworks Basic.

Some other additions...

Manfred Lippert stated that jinnee wasn't developed to replace EASE. Interview:
http://stcarchiv.de/stc1999/10/lippert-interview

ST-Computer Leser-CD 07/2001
https://archive.org/details/LeserCD72001

Computerclub Elmshorn PD-CD
https://archive.org/details/CCEPD
(biggest PD library for the ST with over 1000 disks)
AtariUpToDate - Atari ST/TT/Falcon software database and version tracker: http://www.atariuptodate.de
st-computer magazine - http://st-computer.atariuptodate.de/

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:15 pm

Do not put salt on my wound :-(

I had 3 TT''s - every TT had identical configuration - Matrix Graphic Card TC1208, 8MB ST Ram+64mb TT RAM, SCSI to IDE controller, 1 GB IDE drive (fogot brand),external SCSI case with Plextor CD/DVD-ROM, Plextor CD Writer and 8.1 GB IBM SCSI drive, plus Iomega ZIP 100, SyQuest EZ135 external SCSI drive.
2 TT TTM195 BW monitors and 3 EIZO CRT 22" monitors.
At least 5 MegaSTE keyboards and 3 TT keayborad in original case, never used - spare items.
5 or 6 mouses (not Atari) also never used, for spare.

And then Atari Falcon 14MB, IDE 2.5" HDD, plus 2 or 3 VGA adapters, SPDIFF interface (I forgot the name, green one) and extra SCSI case for Falcon.
Atari Stacy 4 with new HDD , in mint condition.

Plus HUGE amount ofhardware, spare items, cables, monitors, software etc...

All gone...very very hard part of my life...sold for nothing...still can't believe that my beloved hardware is gone...and no chance to buy the same...

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:19 pm

penguin wrote:
nagual wrote:
Do you have some kind of list ?
I'm particularly interested in desktops, specially the less known, databases (looking for card databases), system utils, interesting developing system for apps, HYP files, compilers etc...in one word - production software, and if is not very well known - much better :D

Because I enjoy finding gems :-)


Finally someone who cares about apps :) AtariUpToDate is in some parts fairly comprehensive, especially for emulators, programming languages and some other categories. Lots of entries come from software listings published as books.

I'm still looking for SM-Text 520 (first word processor), MasterText, Sleepy Joe, LDW Basic Compiler and Softworks Basic.

Some other additions...

Manfred Lippert stated that jinnee wasn't developed to replace EASE. Interview:
http://stcarchiv.de/stc1999/10/lippert-interview

ST-Computer Leser-CD 07/2001
https://archive.org/details/LeserCD72001

Computerclub Elmshorn PD-CD
https://archive.org/details/CCEPD
(biggest PD library for the ST with over 1000 disks)


I have Sleepy Joe, 1.1 and 1.1M :-)

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:21 pm

And thank you for links:-)

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Just for you, Sleepy Joe :D

Enjoy:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:04 am

Hey thanks! :cheers:

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:10 am

No problem my friend:-)

Cheers! :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:05 am

penguin wrote:I'm still looking for SM-Text 520 (first word processor), MasterText, LDW Basic Compiler and Softworks Basic.


Ok, I'll keep an eye out for these.

penguin wrote:Manfred Lippert stated that jinnee wasn't developed to replace EASE. Interview:
http://stcarchiv.de/stc1999/10/lippert-interview


Good interview. I talked to Manfred last year and he is not only an amazing programmer, but a genuinely nice human being.

penguin wrote:ST-Computer Leser-CD 07/2001
https://archive.org/details/LeserCD72001


Fantastic! This had the Scripter German hypertext. Converted to PDF and put up on the list! :cheers:

*Edit* Added German Home Page Penguin user manual to the list

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:20 am

penguin wrote:ST-Computer Leser-CD 07/2001
https://archive.org/details/LeserCD72001


Uploaded your NewSDK CD I bought from 16/32. Haven't seen that up on the net.

https://archive.org/download/NewSDK

Btw, I own a complete collection of ST-Computer Falke-Verlag 1997-2004 and of course your new issues.
They are my favorite German ST magazines because they continue off from ST Format/Atari World/Atari Computing.

P.S. If anyone wants to get in on the new issues of ST-Computer check out http://forum.atari-home.de/index.php?topic=12607.0.

And the ST-Computer facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stcomputer.magazin

Matthias is doing some great work with the magazine! :cheers:

User avatar
leech
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby leech » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:47 am

nagual wrote:Do not put salt on my wound :-(

I had 3 TT''s - every TT had identical configuration - Matrix Graphic Card TC1208, 8MB ST Ram+64mb TT RAM, SCSI to IDE controller, 1 GB IDE drive (fogot brand),external SCSI case with Plextor CD/DVD-ROM, Plextor CD Writer and 8.1 GB IBM SCSI drive, plus Iomega ZIP 100, SyQuest EZ135 external SCSI drive.
2 TT TTM195 BW monitors and 3 EIZO CRT 22" monitors.
At least 5 MegaSTE keyboards and 3 TT keayborad in original case, never used - spare items.
5 or 6 mouses (not Atari) also never used, for spare.

And then Atari Falcon 14MB, IDE 2.5" HDD, plus 2 or 3 VGA adapters, SPDIFF interface (I forgot the name, green one) and extra SCSI case for Falcon.
Atari Stacy 4 with new HDD , in mint condition.

Plus HUGE amount ofhardware, spare items, cables, monitors, software etc...

All gone...very very hard part of my life...sold for nothing...still can't believe that my beloved hardware is gone...and no chance to buy the same...


You just made me cry a little! Especially since I would love some of that hardware!
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (fully upgraded (soon!))
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 am

Question for ThenameOfTheGame - how you convert HYP to PDF ?
Do you use Hyp2Gdos and PDF Print from Wongck ?
Or print as IMG, convert to JPG and join to PDF ?

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 am

Does anyone have a CICERO Visual Designer, but full version?
From german company CiceroSoft ?
I have only demo, and looks really amazing, but a lot of functions is disabled...

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 11926
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby wongck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:27 am

nagual wrote: - how you convert HYP to PDF ?

Probably easiest is to open in winguide and then print to acrobat.
I mean I will probably do that but I have not done that before.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:50 am

wongck wrote:
nagual wrote: - how you convert HYP to PDF ?

Probably easiest is to open in winguide and then print to acrobat.
I mean I will probably do that but I have not done that before.


But the problem is WinGuide - you can print only one page, not all hYP...
Maybe convert to HTML and then print from Acrobat ?

Or, maybe you can write a small utility to convert HYP to PDF ? :D :D :D :D

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 11926
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby wongck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:44 am

Ah OK, like I said not tried it.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

penguin
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:43 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby penguin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:56 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
penguin wrote:ST-Computer Leser-CD 07/2001
https://archive.org/details/LeserCD72001


Uploaded your NewSDK CD I bought from 16/32. Haven't seen that up on the net.

https://archive.org/download/NewSDK

Btw, I own a complete collection of ST-Computer Falke-Verlag 1997-2004 and of course your new issues.
They are my favorite German ST magazines because they continue off from ST Format/Atari World/Atari Computing.

P.S. If anyone wants to get in on the new issues of ST-Computer check out http://forum.atari-home.de/index.php?topic=12607.0.

And the ST-Computer facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stcomputer.magazin

Matthias is doing some great work with the magazine! :cheers:


Thanks a lot for the upload! That's probably the only project (aside from my first ST-Basic program) of which I don't own any backup copies.

It's an honor to be seen as a successor to Atari Computing and ST Format, even though ST-Computer was (and is) a very German magazine ;) I met Joe Connor and Mike Kerslake back in the day and also did a few translations to English (all of my programs, Draconis manual IIRC). One of my programs (A-Z) was written in response to one of Kerslake's articles.
AtariUpToDate - Atari ST/TT/Falcon software database and version tracker: http://www.atariuptodate.de
st-computer magazine - http://st-computer.atariuptodate.de/

User avatar
1st1
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 11:48 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby 1st1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:12 pm

penguin wrote:
nagual wrote:
(biggest PD library for the ST with over 1000 disks)


Maybe you are interested in this... http://downloads.atari-home.de/Public_Domain/
Power without the Price. It's not a bug. It's a feature. _/|\_ATARI

1040STFM in PC-Tower (PAK68/2, OvrScn, 4 MB, 1GB SCSI, CD-ROM...) * 2x Falcon 030 32GB/14MB+ScrnBlstrIII * 2x TT030 73GB/20MB+Nova * 520/1040STFM * 520/1040STE * 260/520ST/+ * some Mega ST * 2x Mega STE 500MB/4MB+M.CoCo * Stacy * STBook * SLM605 * SLM804 * SLM605 * SMM804 * SH 204/205 * Megafile 30/44/60 * SF314 * SF354 * 5x Pofo * PC3

User avatar
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm
Location: Almost Heaven, West Virginia

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:58 pm

nagual wrote:
wongck wrote:
nagual wrote: - how you convert HYP to PDF ?

Probably easiest is to open in WinGuide and then print to acrobat.
I mean I will probably do that but I have not done that before.


But the problem is WinGuide - you can print only one page, not all hYP...
Maybe convert to HTML and then print from Acrobat ?

Or, maybe you can write a small utility to convert HYP to PDF ? :D :D :D :D


Yes, the way I do it is to print each page individually through WinGuide and then rename the image with the page number preceding the page name i.e. for
"Index.pdf" I rename it "001 - Index.pdf" before doing another page. That way it keeps the pages in numerical order. This is the most tedious part, but it's not too bad.

(I use scansoft pdf print driver since it just prints the page to file silently and doesn't open the new window to show page output so It is quicker)

Then when I have printed and renamed all the pages I open Ubuntu in VirtualBox and use the pdftk command to combine all the pdf pages in order.

Code: Select all

pdftk *pdf cat output Guide.pdf


A bit of a manual process I admit, but I don't know of another way. :cheers:

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Yes, I'm doing in same way, but sometimes I use Hyp2Gdos and use device 91 as default print device and then put all files in Papyrus end export as PDF:-)

nagual
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:15 am

Re: A couple abandonware apps

Postby nagual » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Ah, I forgot, thank you for link for NewSDK - VERY interesting stuff I found in that CD :-)

Do you have maybe Atari SDK 1999 Update - it was name of the CD.
I had this CD, but I can't found it anymore...


Social Media

     

Return to “Applications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests