My fellow Atarians, boys and girls
As I promised, here's the essence of the Regent Base 1.1 and 2, thanks to TheNameOfTheGame and our generous donor !Before you start playing with this really powerful database system PLEASE read the following notes !
1. Do not run RB2 on system with NVDI, FVDI, GDOS or any alternative system. Reason is very simple - in case of using NVDI etc.. YOU CAN'T SEE ANY FORM ! Run it on pure TOS !
2. Do not use long file names !
3. Do not use resolutions bigger then 800x600x16 !
4. You need to start INSTALL.PRG to set up all .TBL files . If RB2 show error "Access denied" or similar, change in any editor at least PATH.TBL and then start BASE.PRG. Also, do it the same if INSTALL.PRG missing from folder.
5. Try to avoid too much folder depths because RB2 doesn't like too many depth of folders.
6. RB2 have Y2K issue !
7. RB2 won't work in multi-tasking environment, like MagiC or N.AES. I didn't try RB2 on MiNT because I don't use MiNT at all.
8. Archive MANUALS contain manuals of Regent Base 1.1 and Regent Base 2 - it's a regulat text files.
9. Archive RB2APP contain sample apps with forms, tables etc..
A. Archive RB11 contain guide for Regent Base 1.1 through the sample databases.
B. Archive RB2 contain Regent Base 2 - you need to start INSTALL.PRG so system can set paths and other parameters to your own folder !!!
C. Archive RB2MSTER is actually Regent Base 2 Master disk, but all programs (BASE.PRG, FORMS.PRG etc..have different sizes as programs from archive RB2 - probably Master disk is newer version of Regent Base. Also start INSTALL.PRG.
D. Archive RUNTIME contain RB2 runtime for distribution with database apps - very, very useful and very, very rare !
Please note that I don't have any Atari, so all test are made on Aranym 1.02, STEmulator Gold 1.68 and Tos2Win.
Maybe RB2 works much better on real hardware ?
Sometimes the whole system is kinda unstable, I have small problems with showing screens, forms etc.., but nothing dramatically...
Also, RB2 sometimes have problem with disks which don't have a GEM partition.
So, no problem on Aranym with disk images, but on STEmulator and Tos2Win sometimes copyng or other disk based operation won't work (both STEmulator and Tos2Win use Windows drives as Atari HDD)
And finally - READ THE MANUALS !
It's a lot to read, but worth it, because system is so powerful and flexible with unlimited possibilities:-)
Because we have a sources too,we can try to fix some annoying issues like Y2K, screen prewiev, support for NVDI and bigger resolution etc...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.