uip-tool

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

catmando
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: uip-tool

Postby catmando » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:28 pm

sqward wrote:Can you point me to the archive? Thanks.

I've downloaded RTYPE from STNICC web page and it uploads OK to my STE with 4MB and UltraSatan. Which browser did you use?

Hey, I think the issue may have been with the version of HDDriver I was using (v8.13), I've now switched the PPDriver v0.99, repartitioned and transferred the files again and all works fine. I got a bit suspicious yesterday when I went to use STZip to unarchive some files and got the same 3 bomb error. My installation of HDDriver was relatively new and had performed okay moving files around on the desktop etc, I guess with more intense disk operations it began to show the cracks.

Sorry for the alarm
Atari Falcon Tos 4.04 | 14mb | IDE CF 2GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62 | 4mb | HxC Slim SD 8GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62/2.06 | 4mb | Floppy A-B Mod | IDE SD 4GB
Atari STFM
Android Devices (Running Hataroid and SToid)

Atari Forum Wiki - Use it before asking

sqward
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sqward » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Ah, good we've got to the root of the problem.

catmando
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby catmando » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Yep bomb problem solved, so I thought I'd push it a bit more this afternoon

I sent a 26MB batch consisting of 682 files in 108 folders and I did get quite a few regular transfer errors.

Most of the errors occurred on files without an extension, and on .txt files (but this wasn't always consistent)

At least the program didn't bomb-out, still some work to do I guess.
Atari STFM

sqward
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sqward » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Are these public files? Can you isolate a single file that causes the issue?

catmando
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby catmando » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:45 pm

sqward wrote:Are these public files? Can you isolate a single file that causes the issue?

Here's the exact set of files I tried to batch upload

Couldn't isolate or recognise a pattern other than the observations I stated earlier
Atari STFM

LaceySnr
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby LaceySnr » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:29 pm

I only discovered this tool a few days ago (been a while since I had my Falcon actually hooked up) and all I can say is holy crap, good work! Integrating the IP stack and making this is so perfect!

Should creating directories work in Firefox? Doesn't appear to which is odd because I assume that's all server side stuff, but that aside it's working flawlessly!

sqward
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sqward » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Directory creation doesn't work yet. It only requires some minor work in the UI but embarrassingly I haven't got around to that. I plan a new release soon with the reported bugs fixed and new functionality.

LaceySnr

Postby LaceySnr » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:40 pm

Ah fair enough :) If I can find some extra time I might have a dig around in the source myself, interested to see how it's built!

jamesfmackenzie
Atari User
Atari User

Postby jamesfmackenzie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:40 am

Just tried this to push the 24MB "mega music" version of Xenon 2 to my STE. Works a treat! Thanks so much!

bugs
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby bugs » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:48 am

sqward this is a fantastic program, what a load of time this has saved me preparing a new falcon hd setup.

Hope to see it be able to copy atari files onto the pc in the future.. :)
Atari Falcon *2, Phantom,CT63, TT030, MegaSte with crazydots, Mega ST4 soon with exxo booster, Mega ST2, 1040STE, 1040STFM, 130xe *2, 1200xl nib, 800xl nib, 800, 400 (first computer from new) Lotharek MIST

LaceySnr

Postby LaceySnr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:17 am

bugs you can download the files from the browser interface too!

bugs
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby bugs » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:33 am

I must have an older version or something uipv43.tos, in chrome and ie I dont see the download button that some of the screenshots in this thread show, I can download 1 file at a time by clicking on it though but no directories. Was hoping to backup a hard disk to the pc but not 1 file at a time lol
Atari Falcon *2, Phantom,CT63, TT030, MegaSte with crazydots, Mega ST4 soon with exxo booster, Mega ST2, 1040STE, 1040STFM, 130xe *2, 1200xl nib, 800xl nib, 800, 400 (first computer from new) Lotharek MIST

bladeomega
Atari User
Atari User

Postby bladeomega » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Great tool sqward. I test it with my ST 4MB, TOS 2.06, IDE CF, and Hydra network card via uip-tool and it works. I must say I am not a DHCP Fan. I prefer manual network configuration. After some changes on my Router uip-tool works. I copy one 24MB big file to the Atari ST (7,36 min) und back to the PC (15min.) without erros.

A configuration via *.CFG file or *.ACC would that I icing.

Regards

sqward
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sqward » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:11 pm

bugs: there's no download button. You just simply click on a file name and it will download like on any other web page.
bladeomega: static ip is planned. I'm also thinking about ACC version, but currently don't know if this would work.

bladeomega
Atari User
Atari User

Postby bladeomega » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:41 pm

sqward wrote:bladeomega: static ip is planned. I'm also thinking about ACC version, but currently don't know if this would work.

I don't need an acc or cpx... A cfg-file is ok. Another possibility would be to query whether 1.DHCP or 2.hand configuration is desirable and in the second case, the input of the IP address and the gateway.
Last edited by bladeomega on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtariCrypt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby AtariCrypt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:02 pm

Muriusz, I just wanted to add my thank you also. I've just bought NetUSBee and uip is just perfect!
Seems fine on my Mac with Chrome (copies folders whereas Safari doesn't) also accessing C-P partitions a-ok.
#HAPPY -Thank you!
AtariCrypt ... ST/e gaming https://ataricrypt.blogspot.com

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Great tool, I finally took my time to give it a test run on my Falcon!

A few small issues:
- would be possible to sync the TOS clock via NTP while the tools is running? This should give correct timestamps when depositing files.
- How about up- and download of complete directories? Is this planned?
- Finally would interoperability with Stik/Mintnet hurt? I see the tool brings its own stack but this requires a clean boot then. It would be cool to have it running in FreeMinT to quickly exchange files. I would stop providing my own local NFS system in this case.

Anyway, really a great and useful tool! I'll try it out my STE someday aswell.
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org

tuxie
Atari User
Atari User

Postby tuxie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:28 pm

I use this tool on my Atari TT and also on my Atari 1040 STE, it is working very well. I have some issues when i use my old notebook with Mint linux, the Transfer stops without any errors. Its also working with Magic and also in Mint, but when i use it in Mint i cant stop it but the Transfer is working

sqward
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sqward » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:06 pm

simonsunnyboy wrote:Great tool, I finally took my time to give it a test run on my Falcon!

A few small issues:
- would be possible to sync the TOS clock via NTP while the tools is running? This should give correct timestamps when depositing files.
- How about up- and download of complete directories? Is this planned?
- Finally would interoperability with Stik/Mintnet hurt? I see the tool brings its own stack but this requires a clean boot then. It would be cool to have it running in FreeMinT to quickly exchange files. I would stop providing my own local NFS system in this case.

I will think about timestamp synchronisation. Shouldn't be too hard. You can upload entire folders already, just drag and drop multiple files. Additionally, Chrome allows you to drop entire folder trees. For download of multiple files.. there's no API to do that. I've started working on FTP server that would allow that.

I don't plan on Stik/Mint compatibility. For that you have other, perhaps superior, applications.

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:01 pm

From a usability point of view, there are certainly no superior applications as your tool is fire-and-forget.

Thanks for the consideration!
On the folder issue, i think I tried using Chrome but I'll repeat this in the future.
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

bladeomega
Atari User
Atari User

Postby bladeomega » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:06 pm

simonsunnyboy wrote:From a usability point of view, there are certainly no superior applications as your tool is fire-and-forget.

Yes indeed. Any news sqward?

sqward
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sqward » Mon May 23, 2016 9:05 am

Hi there,

I've started working on new features. One thing which is around the corner is date/time synchronisation of the uploaded files.
I'm also considering changing HTML GUI framework to something else because what I currently use is 150KB of javascript which is a bit waste full.
I would appriciate if someone could help me with the HTML GUI :)

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Mon May 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Another report: dropping directories works but the transfer almost always stalls in the 2nd or 3rd file depending on the amount of data copied. So far it only really works reliable for me with dropping files one by one. I'm using Chrome in an "anonymous window" to make, sure nothing is blocked.

My Falcon is directly connected to the same switch as my PC in this case.

Stay cool, stay Atari!

mghodge
Atariator
Atariator

Postby mghodge » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:36 pm

What build environment did you use to make this app? I want to try to make it work with my internal Ethernet controller http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28840

trecool

Postby trecool » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:32 am

Hi everyone!
Runing the program I get RTL init, mac add, dhcp ip BUT Hostname line is missing..
I guess thats the reason browsing the disk goes very slow and I cant really complete any transfer...
Any idea?

Social Media

Return to “Applications”