Alright, I am back with an update on the progress. I've been working on it so hard for the last three months that I've almost given up on sleep. It eats every single spare minute of my time. The detailed report is at the bottom of the PARCP-USB
page but the short story is that I've got a working prototype (a third one actually) and I am finishing the firmware (fifth major version, basically).
Everything seems to work very well on my computers at home (Falcon with Afterburner040 and a couple of PCs) and I am going to test it on more Atari machines (ST, TT, plain Falcon) soon. I am also preparing for making a first batch of the production units. There's going to be 10 pieces of the PARCP-USB adapters in the first batch. If there's enough interest I will gladly make another batch afterwards. Please note that I need to make 10 pieces at once to buy the components with a small discount (otherwise I couldn't even buy the components for the price I'd like to sell the final unit!).
The simple idea I got in July evolved into one of biggest challenges I've ever worked on. I have designed the hardware from the ground up, written the firmware for the microcontroller and also the PC side of USB software. And I am going to solder all the components in the adapters by my hands
It's actually pretty exciting to watch it grow and progress. Hopefully you'll find it useful and will want to own one (or more
That reminds me that I would really like to get in touch with those that are willing to buy it. Please email me (my email is at bottom of the PARCP-USB page).
I'll bring more details and photos with the first production unit soon, hopefully.