- chg: revamped and recoded filters management, with enhanced filter dialog.
- add: columns in filters table window.
- add: enable/disable filtering in POP3 and NNTP server. (filters for IMAP4 are not supported, use Meg)
- add: new filter: search string in body (16 first undecoded lines for POP3, whole decoded message for NNTP).
- chg: in display options, ‘rejected’ is changed to ‘suspected’.
- add: for IMAP4, read $Phishing and $Junk flags, if present, the email is considered as ‘suspected’, with choice to display or discard the message.
- fix: bad redraw of mask cross for suspected messages, replaced by pattern.
- add: local trashcan.
- add: dedicated icon for local and remote trashcans.
- add: in miscellaneous options: can empty local trashcan when leaving.
- chg: exception with local Outbox: deletion is direct, move is forbidden, but copy to other local Mailbox is granted.
Message Disposition Notification (MDN, RFC 3798, RFC 3503):
- add: while editing an email (‘@’ menu) can ask for a return receipt (MDN).
- add: before reading new email, can choose sending MDN or discard.
- add: in miscellaneous options: can ignore requests for MDN.
- add: on most of the items, pop-up menus with mouse right click. Context depends on mouse above selected item or window.
- add: « new email » option in awaiting messages window.
- add: mark all read in local newboxes and local mailboxes.
- add: mark all read in IMAP folder.
- add: on links and email addresses, ‘use’ or ‘copy’.
- add: on attachment or bodypart, ‘open’ or ‘save as…’
- fix: recoded/cleaned function for redraw after pop-up.
Headers multiple selection:
- add: use left or right Shift key and mouse left click, selected headers are gray-listed in the message window.
- add: dedicated pop-up menu.
- add: Control+A Key to select all.
- add: multiple copy or move (but local to local, or in the same IMAP4 account), group delete, mark selection as read.
- add: can use mouse to drag’n’drop (same as copy/move in the same host).
- add: local copy of sent message can be copied to other local mailfolder (for treeviews).
- add: received message can be copied (and moved, like in previous version).
- add: while editing an email (‘@’ menu), option for maximum priority in email delivering.
- add: display option: default sort method for Outbox, local Mailboxes, local Trash, and IMAP4 remote folders.
- add: display option: reverse order for sorting (except for treeviews).
- chg: display option: treeview or sequential mode choice for newsgroup is moved to each newsgroup properties.
- add: sorting for local Trash and, if not huge, IMAP4 Trash and Junk folders.
- chg: in miscellaneous options: reorganized panels.
- fix: size and lines columns are enlarged.
- fix: IMAP4 retreive email function could get nothing with very small email.
- fix: use BODY.PEEK[ instead of BODY[ in IMAP4 to fetch headers.
- fix: SMTP connexion was done evenif awaiting emails were all drafts.
- fix: memory free forgotten after paste on edited message.
- fix: one or several headers remained after delete in an IMAP trash.
- fix: if vector font for message, links were shift-displayed.
- fix: if vector font for message, characters strings widths were wrong.
- add: for message, one can now use none-monospaced font (but monospaced fonts are advised for reading and ASCII art).
Thanks to Lars SCHMIDBAUER and Lodovico ZANIER for tests, bugreports and translations.
Next on the roadmap is to built an iconv.ldg (from libiconv
or maybe other) for various charsets conversions and TTF unicode display. I would have liked to add it in the 1.8 version, but I have some issues to debug it. There was enough new features to release the big Troll.