Menu background

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

vorvek
Atariator
Atariator

Menu background

Postby vorvek » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:59 am

I've been trying to set up a different background for the menu core, since I sometimes stream video from the MiSTer and the noise eats all the video bandwidth being hard to compress. I've set up a 1280x720 px image, named it menu.png and saved it on /media/fat/, and reset the FPGA. However, pressing F1 on the keyboard does nothing. I couldn't find any other instruction on what to do, but obviously something is not right. What am I missing?

warham
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Menu background

Postby warham » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 am

do you have .ini setup for framebuffer?

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:55 pm

This is for HDMI output (and VGA with vga_scaler=1).

ReedSolomon
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby ReedSolomon » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:30 pm

vorvek wrote:I've been trying to set up a different background for the menu core, since I sometimes stream video from the MiSTer and the noise eats all the video bandwidth being hard to compress. I've set up a 1280x720 px image, named it menu.png and saved it on /media/fat/, and reset the FPGA. However, pressing F1 on the keyboard does nothing. I couldn't find any other instruction on what to do, but obviously something is not right. What am I missing?

IIRC you can change the default option to not be noise even without using a background. One of the options is just black screen.

vorvek
Atariator
Atariator

Postby vorvek » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:33 am

It was actually the framebuffer. I had disabled it because otherwise I couldn't see the update scripts when running the Mister on my CRT. I use both outputs at the same time, component for the CRT and HDMI for my HDMI matrix that gets then sent to bnoth my computer monitor and a capture card. But sometimes, I just want to turn on the CRT and not lose my desktop.

I guess I can live with the limitation, though, all things considered, and open OBS or SSH into the MiSTer if I want to run the update script and see what's going on.

Return to “MiSTer”