https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

TV CRT via addon not working anymore

Postby Lroby74 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Hello,
i have my Mister and my Mist connected both on same 25" TV CRT via VGA2SCART RGB cable,
until last time that i've played with both ones, was all working, but now while
Mist is still working on TV, Mister not anymore, on all cores and on main menu i see only a little upper part of TV with core and it has a very fast scrolling..

I've already tried to modify some parameters but without luck..
I guess if something gone broke with lastest Mister releases.
on HDMI is still all ok but i don't use HDMI for playing..

Thank you for any help
Roberto

IMG_20191001_223455.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cyborc
Atarian
Atarian

Re: TV CRT via addon not working anymore

Postby cyborc » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 pm

Make sure your mister.ini is in the root of the sd and NOT in the 'config' directory...I had a similar issue recently and once I moved mister.ini to the root it works fine.

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Lroby74 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:38 am

cyborc wrote:Make sure your mister.ini is in the root of the sd and NOT in the 'config' directory...I had a similar issue recently and once I moved mister.ini to the root it works fine.

Never moved from root of SD card, this evening will try to rename it and create a new file..
but i think that may be directvideo the issue :(

witchmaster
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby witchmaster » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:25 am

Lroby74 wrote:Never moved from root of SD card, this evening will try to rename it and create a new file..
but i think that may be directvideo the issue :(

I don't think directvideo is the issue, are you sure Mister.ini is in the root of the SD card? (Previously Mister.ini should reside in the config folder).

GoingDown
Atariator
Atariator

Postby GoingDown » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:21 am

I have used my Mister via I/O board VGA connector to CRT TV with scart cable recently, and it was working fine. So seems to work for me. Can you post your relevant settigns from MiSTer.ini?

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Lroby74 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:44 pm

GoingDown wrote:I have used my Mister via I/O board VGA connector to CRT TV with scart cable recently, and it was working fine. So seems to work for me. Can you post your relevant settigns from MiSTer.ini?

Actually i've solved simply enabling "composite_sync" on ini settings, but now on TV CRT output the first screen at power-up with the various options now looks worse than before but luckily the cores are seen as always.

Until previous time that i've used Mister with TV CRT, composite_sync was turned off

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Lroby74 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Unfortunately since I had to activate the "Composite Sync" option to be able to continue using the Mister with my TV CRT 25 ", the image quality has definitely worsened even in the cores, trying" A mind forever voyaging " on Apple IIe and comparing it with the same game and the same core on the Mist, on the latter it can be seen much better and sharper, the same thing on the C64 core. In my opinion we have gone from RGB to composite and I am very sorry for that. return to using the TV in RGB keeping the "Composite Sync" option disabled?
pictures are very low quality because each one can't be bigger than 500KB, i am sorry

Mister picture
Mister.jpg

Mist picture
Mist.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Composite Sync option has no relation to video quality.
I don't know if before MiSTer looked better on your TV or not. If only composite_sync option changes the quality on your TV then it's pure your TV problem.

rittwage
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby rittwage » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:35 am

Just as a comparison note, I use both MiST and MiSTer on a Sony PVM monitor using the VGA output @ 15KHz to RGB BNC cables. I don't know if this is similar to your SCART setup since I know SCART can have many video formats in the same cable (RGB, composite, S-video, etc). I have noticed no degradation in recent versions in my setup. Maybe your IO board has been damaged?

paulbnl
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby paulbnl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:09 am

It looks like the video is being scaled on the MiSTer. Do you have vga_scaler=1 set?

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Lroby74 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:07 pm

rittwage wrote:Just as a comparison note, I use both MiST and MiSTer on a Sony PVM monitor using the VGA output @ 15KHz to RGB BNC cables. I don't know if this is similar to your SCART setup since I know SCART can have many video formats in the same cable (RGB, composite, S-video, etc). I have noticed no degradation in recent versions in my setup. Maybe your IO board has been damaged?

Don't think that I/O board may be damaged, with composite_sync=1 i can use my tv fine even if picture is not clear like in RGB anymore. But i keep this configuration and go on..

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Lroby74 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:08 pm

paulbnl wrote:It looks like the video is being scaled on the MiSTer. Do you have vga_scaler=1 set?

With VGA_scaler=1 15Khz RGB TV would be not usable

Return to “MiSTer”