https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

rashohyo
Atarian
Atarian

VGA to BNC for PVM monitor

Postby rashohyo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:41 am

Hi,
i'm trying to use a vga cable to 4x BNC i bought on ebay but i have vertical sync problems. I edited /config/MISTer.INI to provide composite sync on but nothing seemed to chand....can you help me please?
Thanks
Adelmo

i link the cable i bought:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/SVGA-VGA-to-4-BNC-Cable-HD15-Male-to-4-x-BNC-Male-Video-Monitor-Lead-2M/111402258315?hash=item19f0178f8b

nullobject
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: VGA to BNC for PVM monitor

Postby nullobject » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:06 pm

rashohyo wrote:Hi,
i'm trying to use a vga cable to 4x BNC i bought on ebay but i have vertical sync problems. I edited /config/MISTer.INI to provide composite sync on but nothing seemed to chand....can you help me please?
Thanks
Adelmo

https://www.ebay.it/itm/SVGA-VGA-to-4-BNC-Cable-HD15-Male-to-4-x-BNC-Male-Video-Monitor-Lead-2M/111402258315?hash=item19f0178f8b

That pinout for that cable looks good.

Make sure that your CRT is set for external sync (some allow you to switch between internal and external sync).

Is your CRT using RGB or YPbPr signals? Make sure you have the correct setting in your config for that too.

rittwage
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby rittwage » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Not positive that will work. Many cores don't have CSYNC. I have a 5xBNC (seperate H and V sync) and I have a coupler to combine them. This seems to work with all cores...

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:08 am

rittwage wrote:Not positive that will work. Many cores don't have CSYNC. I have a 5xBNC (seperate H and V sync) and I have a coupler to combine them. This seems to work with all cores...

all official MiSTer cores have CSync. It's set in INI.

Xtro
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Xtro » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:56 pm

rittwage wrote:Not positive that will work. Many cores don't have CSYNC. I have a 5xBNC (seperate H and V sync) and I have a coupler to combine them. This seems to work with all cores...

I also have a 5xBNC cable and I don't need to combine the sync cables, just connect the grey one and it works. The black one you can leave it unconnected.

rashohyo
Atarian
Atarian

Postby rashohyo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:25 pm

nullobject wrote:
rashohyo wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Adelmo

That pinout for that cable looks good.

Make sure that your CRT is set for external sync (some allow you to switch between internal and external sync).

Is your CRT using RGB or YPbPr signals? Make sure you have the correct setting in your config for that too.

On my pvm everything is ok..i use real hardware to a scart/bnc box and everything is ok. Now i bopught another cable, this time is a Vga to Scart one and the problem is still the same. no vertical sync...anyone have a solution? tried to use vertical freq from monitor but nothing happens

happycube
Atarian
Atarian

Postby happycube » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 am

Sync on green mode works fine for my with an PVM-8041Q.

normal19
Atarian
Atarian

Postby normal19 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:11 pm

I have a Extron 192 RGB sync processor with VGA input that combines sync.. works on my PvM with 4 BNC inputs

Return to “MiSTer”