Two players with one keyboard: Is it possible?

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

oskarzer0
Retro freak
Retro freak

Two players with one keyboard: Is it possible?

Postby oskarzer0 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 am

Hi!
I have connected our MiSTer to an arcade monitor through the VGA port and JammASD and it looks great, you just have to configure composite_sync = 1 in mister.ini, is very easy.

JammASD also connects to the MiSTer via usb and converts all the buttons of your arcade to letters on the keyboard. The problem is that it can only be configured for one player, the mister menu does not give the option to continue redefining keys for the second player.
Is there any way to set the second player with keyboard keys too?

Thanks!

alanswx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Two players with one keyboard: Is it possible?

Postby alanswx » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 am

oskarzer0 wrote:Hi!
I have connected our MiSTer to an arcade monitor through the VGA port and JammASD and it looks great, you just have to configure composite_sync = 1 in mister.ini, is very easy.

JammASD also connects to the MiSTer via usb and converts all the buttons of your arcade to letters on the keyboard. The problem is that it can only be configured for one player, the mister menu does not give the option to continue redefining keys for the second player.

Thanks!

I am going to go through the arcade systems and try to add the MAME/jpac/ipac style keys. Do you want to help me test it?

oskarzer0
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby oskarzer0 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:15 pm

alanswx wrote:

Thanks!

I am going to go through the arcade systems and try to add the MAME/jpac/ipac style keys. Do you want to help me test it?

Of course, no problem :D

alanswx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby alanswx » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:14 am

oskarzer0 wrote:
alanswx wrote:

Thanks!

Try the cores here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QRQxuO-0ch1QsC-v0sZMz9zqv9blONZ5

They have a bunch of changes, fixes. I think Ms. Pacman needs the rom rebuilt.

Donkey Kong, Galaga, Ms Pacman, and SuperBreakout.

Super Breakout isn't done, I need to separate the roms (this works without roms).

They should have:
load alternate rom from OSD
5,6 coin keys 1,2, player 1 and player 2, and for cocktail mode: R,F,D,G,A - for the second player
new scalar
dip switches (galaga is missing the ship bonus dips, they are super complicated, let me know if you think it is important)

alanswx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby alanswx » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:19 am

alanswx wrote:
oskarzer0 wrote:
alanswx wrote:

Try the cores here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QRQxuO-0ch1QsC-v0sZMz9zqv9blONZ5

They have a bunch of changes, fixes. I think Ms. Pacman needs the rom rebuilt.

Donkey Kong, Galaga, Ms Pacman, and SuperBreakout.

Super Breakout isn't done, I need to separate the roms (this works without roms).

They should have:
load alternate rom from OSD
5,6 coin keys 1,2, player 1 and player 2, and for cocktail mode: R,F,D,G,A - for the second player
new scalar
dip switches (galaga is missing the ship bonus dips, they are super complicated, let me know if you think it is important)

oops: Ms pac Man rom script (unix only):
https://github.com/alanswx/Arcade-MsPac ... r/releases

normal19
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby normal19 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Is it possible to do this with the console cores, I have IPAC2 and want to use it in NeoGeo core

Return to “MiSTer”