Minimig RTG possible?

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

BBond007
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Minimig RTG possible?

Postby BBond007 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 pm

JimDrew wrote:Picasso96 supports screen dragging. The Cybergraphics developer APIs were available for any company making products that needed low-level access. I got the APIs so I could write video drivers for FUSION and PCx, after signing a NDA of course.

Are you sure about that?

I had several Amiga graphics cards, but all used CGFX. For CGFX it worked but did not actually switch video modes like native Amiga chipset.

But I have used Amiberry on RetroPie (and UAE) with Picasso96 emulation and there is no screen dragging as far screens I can see...

Picasso96 FAQ:
http://cd.textfiles.com/amigama/amigama199804/WWW/Picasso96/FAQ.html

Q: Why is there no screen dragging with Picasso96?
A: Hmmm, the sad thing is: VGA chips do not have the features the Amiga Copper offers. There are too many restrictions:
you can do split screen, but you can only show two screens at the same time,
the screen width and RGB formats have to be the same, or it will look very strange,
if both screens are chunky they should use the same palette or it will...
the base address of the second screen must be 0 (ZERO), i.e. when this is not the case, then you will have to move the screen to that position. But this interferes with the memory management of Picasso96...
Last edited by BBond007 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Minimig RTG possible?

Postby JimDrew » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:03 am

Works fine on my real A3000 w/Picasso IV board. You do need the screen resolutions to be the same, so standard (promoted) Amiga screens all work together without any issues.
I am the flux ninja

Return to “MiSTer”