FirebrandX timing profiles

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

jdubs
Retro freak
Retro freak

FirebrandX timing profiles

Postby jdubs » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:49 am

Is anyone using these with their MiSTer + OSSC setup? The NES one looks amazing but the other ones (SNES, Genesis, and TG-16) don’t seem to work correctly.

-Jim

ghogan42
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: FirebrandX timing profiles

Postby ghogan42 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 pm

jdubs wrote:Is anyone using these with their MiSTer + OSSC setup? The NES one looks amazing but the other ones (SNES, Genesis, and TG-16) don’t seem to work correctly.

-Jim

Whether or not these work correctly will probably depend on how well that particular core actually matches the output of the original system. The SNES core just (12/23) changed it's video output and reportedly this fixed a centering issue for the 15khz output. Maybe it matches better now? But in general I wouldn't expect them to match perfectly unless the author of the core spent some to make sure it did.

jdubs
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: FirebrandX timing profiles

Postby jdubs » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:47 pm

ghogan42 wrote:
jdubs wrote:Is anyone using these with their MiSTer + OSSC setup? The NES one looks amazing but the other ones (SNES, Genesis, and TG-16) don’t seem to work correctly.

-Jim

Whether or not these work correctly will probably depend on how well that particular core actually matches the output of the original system. The SNES core just (12/23) changed it's video output and reportedly this fixed a centering issue for the 15khz output. Maybe it matches better now? But in general I wouldn't expect them to match perfectly unless the author of the core spent some to make sure it did.

Totally right!! They look GREAT now! Thank you!!

I highly recommend folks with the OSSC load these profiles.

-Jim

Return to “MiSTer”