I must be doing something wrong, I'm using Win10 but I can't open the VHD under Windows.
Here's what I do:
1) Create a vhd and attach it in Disk Manager
2) Then I format it to FAT from Windows 10 (i.e. FAT16)
3) Transfer the file to MiSTer, mount it from ao486 and reboot
4) It's not recognized by DOS, i.e. I can't d:\ into it
5) If I reinstall DOS it will reformat and wipe out the data
6) If I trasnfer back the (5) VHD file into Windows, it prompts me to reformat it after mounting it
What am I doing wrong? Does the format in 2) have to use specific settings?