FX CAST TOS versions

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

ericgus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: FX CAST TOS versions

Postby ericgus » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:30 am

paulwratt wrote:Before coming across this thread, I was just looking through the source code of st_tos.cpp at:
Here in NZ v1.00 was common in shop (demo) models, 1.04 was most common in 1040 STFM and 1.62 was mostly STE. That is to say I did have some original disks that would not boot on a 1040 STFM with 1.04 - they needed 1.00 or 1.02 - some of them would however boot on a 520 with 1.04 - all mentioned TOS versions are 50Hz.

Still it would be nice for us US folks to be able to run the 60hz/US variants of TOS .. I know right now the core has some issues with using an odd 50hz display mode as default which causes a lot of problems for people whos monitors wont accept it. And since the core doesnt use the more updated framework w/hdmi frame buffer you will get a black display/Invalid frequency/No video message on monitors that reject it.. (happened to me) .. and when you get this you have 2 choices, try to find a monitor that will (many HDMI monitors in the US WONT take a PAL-y type signal) or (what I did) use the blind keypress method to force the core into 60hz so the display would actually work (you dont even get the mister menu until you resolve the issue).

Return to “MiSTer”