https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

reflex
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Show us your MiSTer hardware setup

Postby reflex » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:19 am

MinPin wrote:Image

I literally just got this kit, it's really nice looking. I got a couple questions if you don't mind?

nightshadowpt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nightshadowpt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 am

And here's my Setup... somewhere between Retro and new...

MiSTer_Setup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

warham
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby warham » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:50 am

[quote="nightshadowpt"]And here's my Setup... somewhere between Retro and new...
/quote]

i made speaker grills for those on my thingiverse of the same user name

gusmoney
Atarian
Atarian

Postby gusmoney » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Love this guy!

nightshadowpt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nightshadowpt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:53 am

warham wrote:i made speaker grills for those on my thingiverse of the same user name

Hi!

I really like their aesthetic as they are, but thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

warham

Postby warham » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:23 pm

nightshadowpt wrote:
warham wrote:i made speaker grills for those on my thingiverse of the same user name

Hi!

I really like their aesthetic as they are, but thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

I converted the two speakers into one speaker by removing the fake speaker and putting the two real ones together. Do that for each side so you have 4 real speakers and 2 amps and its a decent little set for cheap.

nightshadowpt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nightshadowpt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:20 pm

warham wrote:I converted the two speakers into one speaker by removing the fake speaker and putting the two real ones together. Do that for each side so you have 4 real speakers and 2 amps and its a decent little set for cheap.

8O

You know that all speakers are real, right?

2 of them are active speakers and the other 2 are passive speakers (used to enhance bass) :D

werpu
Atariator
Atariator

Postby werpu » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:32 pm

https://imgur.com/a/DVhQB7a
A setup in the works. I have my own custom arcade dual player stick and route the signal through a raspberry pi (left) and two teensy controllers
as 2 joysticks mouse and keyboard into the teensy.
The next step is to put the entire PI/Teensy setup into its own case (sort of a HID box) and in the long run all this should come together in an 80s like homecomputer design. But one step after the other.

ghorricks
Atarian
Atarian

Postby ghorricks » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:07 pm

I have mine inside an Arcade 1up alongside a Pi3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtapShgQbs&t=718s

emen3y
Atarian
Atarian

Postby emen3y » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:09 am

hand printed DIY case

omahagtp
Atarian
Atarian

Postby omahagtp » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:01 am

Is this the Complete kit from Antonio Villena?

What is the conesus of this build? I see they are sold out, but I'm tempted to wait it out.

Thank you

reflex
Atari User
Atari User

Postby reflex » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 am

omahagtp wrote:

Is this the Complete kit from Antonio Villena?

What is the conesus of this build? I see they are sold out, but I'm tempted to wait it out.

Thank you

I quite like mine. High quality and looks sharp.

Peredonov
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Peredonov » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:12 pm

That custom board looks nice indeed, though it's unfortunately plagued with "cables coming out of all directions" syndrome like all the others. If going out of the way to design a custom board, might as well solve this problem as well. It may require a larger board and thus a bit more cost, but it'd be worth it and provide a real competitive edge.

omahagtp
Atarian
Atarian

Postby omahagtp » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:17 am

Peredonov wrote:That custom board looks nice indeed, though it's unfortunately plagued with "cables coming out of all directions" syndrome like all the others. If going out of the way to design a custom board, might as well solve this problem as well. It may require a larger board and thus a bit more cost, but it'd be worth it and provide a real competitive edge.

Is that in response to the one pictured above your post? If yes, then this is a custom board made by Antonio?

And thank you reflex for your response.

I know I'm noobing out here, but I'm past tinkering, and am happy to pay a markup for something like this if it just means it just works. This doesn't appear to be missing any major functionality, is that correct?

Great thread - some awesome custom stuff in here.

reflex
Atari User
Atari User

Postby reflex » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:27 am

omahagtp wrote:
Peredonov wrote:That custom board looks nice indeed, though it's unfortunately plagued with "cables coming out of all directions" syndrome like all the others. If going out of the way to design a custom board, might as well solve this problem as well. It may require a larger board and thus a bit more cost, but it'd be worth it and provide a real competitive edge.

Is that in response to the one pictured above your post? If yes, then this is a custom board made by Antonio?

I know I'm noobing out here, but I'm past tinkering, and am happy to pay a markup for something like this if it just means it just works. This doesn't appear to be missing any major functionality, is that correct?

The only issue is the IOUSB board is unpowered, it is drawing from the OTG port on the DE10-Nano. That means most low power devices will work fine (gamepads/bluetooth/wifi) but you won't be able to power, say, a USB SSD or HDD off of it without that having it's own external power. You also need to do a small solder job to use the built in power switch.

Aside from that, it's really sharp and I used a right angle HDMI connector to create less of a 'cables coming out in all directions' look.

omahagtp
Atarian
Atarian

Postby omahagtp » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:57 am

reflex wrote:
omahagtp wrote:

The only issue is the IOUSB board is unpowered, it is drawing from the OTG port on the DE10-Nano. That means most low power devices will work fine (gamepads/bluetooth/wifi) but you won't be able to power, say, a USB SSD or HDD off of it without that having it's own external power. You also need to do a small solder job to use the built in power switch.

Aside from that, it's really sharp and I used a right angle HDMI connector to create less of a 'cables coming out in all directions' look.

Awesome - thank you all.

I just happened to load up Antonio's site and saw 1 in stock - about 5 minutes later and a few dollars spent - it now reads Out of Stock. :D

ElDoctor
Atari User
Atari User

Postby ElDoctor » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:10 pm

I am not sure why this guy has a website; 90% of everything is always out of stock for months (looking at you JAMMA adapter) and when you are lucky enough to see anything in stock, it just disappears right away, since he seems to make them one at a time... On top of having most of his stuff ONLY working on his variation of MiSTer and not on the official one... Maybe this guy hates to make money, too bad, since I like the design a lot.

reflex
Atari User
Atari User

Postby reflex » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:49 pm

ElDoctor wrote:I am not sure why this guy has a website; 90% of everything is always out of stock for months (looking at you JAMMA adapter) and when you are lucky enough to see anything in stock, it just disappears right away, since he seems to make them one at a time... On top of having most of his stuff ONLY working on his variation of MiSTer and not on the official one... Maybe this guy hates to make money, too bad, since I like the design a lot.

The cases come into stock a lot. I'm waiting for his JAMMA solution to have support for full two player and the kick harness before jumping, but yes that one is in stock less frequently.

The design is worth waiting for, IMO no one else has come close in terms of making an attractive device that looks good in a entertainment center.

terminator2k2
Atariator
Atariator

Postby terminator2k2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:25 pm

heres mine, going to re-do the usb wiring to the usb hub and the wiring to the buttons/leds as im not too happy how they turned out, didnt help that my hot air gun packed up just before i did them....

djsquare
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby djsquare » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:39 pm

terminator2k2 wrote:heres mine, going to re-do the usb wiring to the usb hub and the wiring to the buttons/leds as im not too happy how they turned out, didnt help that my hot air gun packed up just before i did them....

This is my favorite case so far. I would love to have one of these and love how it looks. You did a great job and I like the leds! Very nice work :cheers:

reflex
Atari User
Atari User

Postby reflex » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:14 pm

I totally agree, that's a work of art. I'd have more USB on the front but meh, if you are wireless it won't matter.

Peredonov
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Peredonov » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:21 am

Same, I really really like that case design.

ElDoctor
Atari User
Atari User

Postby ElDoctor » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 am

Looks great, but not really SNAC friendly.
Glad to see a design with no USB tentacles spawning from every side, like the original USB board. Maybe you would have been just fine taking a generic OTG USB hub as a base... And make room for a WD passport HDD. Still a strong and cool design at the end of the day; congrats.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 am

terminator2k2 wrote:heres mine, going to re-do the usb wiring to the usb hub and the wiring to the buttons/leds as im not too happy how they turned out, didnt help that my hot air gun packed up just before i did them....

did you use some standard DIY case?
Color is unusual and thus it looks fresh.

terminator2k2
Atariator
Atariator

Postby terminator2k2 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:27 pm

from aliexpress:

Aliexpress case

done a bit of tidying on the cables

Return to “MiSTer”