Fan plate for those without IO boards

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

HugoCraft
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: Fan plate for those without IO boards

Postby HugoCraft » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:52 am

BlockABoots wrote:HugoCraft, is it possible for the fan plate design with just the slot cut for the ram expansion board to have a version that supports a 50mm fan??. I have just made a make shift plate for the time being that holds a 50mm fan but would love to get a 3d printed one that can hold a 50mm fan. Heres my one i threw together....

I'll see if I can model one for a 50mm fan in the next few weeks.

HugoCraft
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby HugoCraft » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:53 am

Also I've printed a run of fan plates and posted them for sale on etsy. hope this is allowed and the funds I generate will be used to towards more tools and printers:

Blue Top Plate w/ fan mount for DE10 Nano MiSTer https://etsy.me/2LyEzUh via @Etsy

BlockABoots
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby BlockABoots » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 pm

HugoCraft wrote:
BlockABoots wrote:HugoCraft, is it possible for the fan plate design with just the slot cut for the ram expansion board to have a version that supports a 50mm fan??. I have just made a make shift plate for the time being that holds a 50mm fan but would love to get a 3d printed one that can hold a 50mm fan. Heres my one i threw together....

Thanks, with using slightly taller stand off legs and this larger 50mm fan it cools a much larger area on the board. If your not concerned about the IO pins on the other side of the board to the SD RAM then you could probably go even bigger as well

HugoCraft
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby HugoCraft » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:48 pm

BlockABoots wrote:
HugoCraft wrote:

Thanks, with using slightly taller stand off legs and this larger 50mm fan it cools a much larger area on the board. If your not concerned about the IO pins on the other side of the board to the SD RAM then you could probably go even bigger as well

Do you have a 3 view of the 50mm fan you are using? I need the distance between the holes, hole diameter, and diameter of the actual fan hole since its usually slightly larger than the fan. Something like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HugoCraft
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby HugoCraft » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:52 pm

Also stl files uploaded if you want to use a 30mm fan instead.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3325511
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlockABoots

Postby BlockABoots » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:15 pm

HugoCraft wrote:
BlockABoots wrote:
HugoCraft wrote:

Do you have a 3 view of the 50mm fan you are using? I need the distance between the holes, hole diameter, and diameter of the actual fan hole since its usually slightly larger than the fan. Something like this:

Sadly not it was just a generic 50mm fan from eBay.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5V-USB-Conne ... :rk:3:pf:0

BlockABoots

Postby BlockABoots » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Sorry its taken so long put heres the measurements for the 50mm fan.....

bitgnome
Atarian
Atarian

Postby bitgnome » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:16 am

BlockABoots wrote:
witchmaster wrote:
BlockABoots wrote:
Yeah i managed to find a thin connector that fits BUT i just noticed the fan i was going to use is 12v and doesnt spin when ive connected it up to the GPIO header. Is there another location on the board that may have be 9v or 12v?

The Arduino header actually has a 9V (VCC9) output also, I don't know how much current it can deliver though. Look at page 30 of the Terasic DE10-Nano manual.

Is that the LTC connection?

So id need an Arduino expansion board?

If you look at the silkscreen on the arduino header connection there are 2 pins next to each other labeled 9v and gnd. I bought the 12v Noctua fan too. seems to spin the fan pretty well, idk how much air needs to be pushed. I may eventually switched to the 5v version of the fan.

I know this might be a few months late, but for anyone else that has the issue.

Return to “MiSTer”