Joystick testing thread

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Joystick testing thread

Postby Newsdee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:31 am

I always wondered what was the real difference for those modes.
I suppose they pretend to be a specific device (e.g. specific VID/PID) that each OS recognizes easily?

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:50 am

Newsdee wrote:I always wondered what was the real difference for those modes.
I suppose they pretend to be a specific device (e.g. specific VID/PID) that each OS recognizes easily?

8bitdo is not a big company to deal with giants about supporting its gamepads. So 8bitdo chooses to mimic the well known gamepads.
This is not a legal way as 8bitdo uses other companies' VIDs.

misterItaly
Atarian
Atarian

Postby misterItaly » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:29 am

Vwbug2010 wrote:Good plan I’ll try in on the pc if not I’ll buy a 8bit do controller

did you sorted it out? I bought an orange 8bitdo BT controller receiver as recommended but no way I could pair it with my ps4 joypad. I flashed the fw to the latest , latest beta, gray fw but nothing. I also tried to pair with a mac air with usbc + hub but no luck at all. I also wrote to 8bitdo but they simply replied that they not support mister fpga
Last edited by misterItaly on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:45 am

misterItaly wrote:
Vwbug2010 wrote:Good plan I’ll try in on the pc if not I’ll buy a 8bit do controller

did you sorted it out? I bought an orange 8bitdo BT controller as recommended but no way I could pair it with my ps4 joypad. I flashed the fw to the latest , latest beta, gray fw but nothing. I also tried to pair with a mac air with usbc + hub but no luck at all. I also wrote to 8bitdo but they simply replied that they not support mister fpga

It's NOT BT controller. It's 8bitdo receiver only for 8bitdo gamepads.
There is no way to pair any non-8bitdo gamepads with it.

misterItaly
Atarian
Atarian

Postby misterItaly » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Sorgelig wrote:
misterItaly wrote:

did you sorted it out? I bought an orange 8bitdo BT controller as recommended but no way I could pair it with my ps4 joypad. I flashed the fw to the latest , latest beta, gray fw but nothing. I also tried to pair with a mac air with usbc + hub but no luck at all. I also wrote to 8bitdo but they simply replied that they not support mister fpga

It's NOT BT controller. It's 8bitdo receiver only for 8bitdo gamepads.
There is no way to pair any non-8bitdo gamepads with it.

ok, dunno why I had the impression it was compatible with every gamepad on the mister and not the other way round (use their own pad on ps4, raspberry etc..) so for me it's totally useless. I guess I'll trash it and buy a compatible usb arcade stick

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:43 pm

misterItaly wrote:ok, dunno why I had the impression it was compatible with every gamepad on the mister and not the other way round (use their own pad on ps4, raspberry etc..) so for me it's totally useless. I guess I'll trash it and buy a compatible usb arcade stick

but their SN30 Pro / SF30 Pro are very good BT/USB controllers. Probably are best after DS3 and DS4 gamepads.

SaschaFFM
Atari User
Atari User

Postby SaschaFFM » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 pm

I am currently on vacation, bringing my MiSTer with me. Occasional gaming with the kids when weather is bad. Works great as it is so ultra-portable.

I wouldn’t write if I did not have problems, though. I brought my MiSTer, SF30-Controllers and powered USB-Hub. Same as at home, only that I brought a mini-keyboard instead of Full-size. But for some weird reason I cannot play multi-player games. Both joypads control player 1. With every core I tried. Mainly NES, SNES and Genesis.

I am sure I did something wrong accidentally. Any ideas what it might be? I have very limited chances to test around with my setup I currently have available. As it has been raining for days now, help would be highly appreciated. Shopping with wife is getting expensive :wink:

THaase
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby THaase » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Configure BOTH Joysticks on the Menu Core (best in the used ports) even if they both are the same!

Return to “MiSTer”