Arcade cores

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

hyperterminal
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Arcade cores

Postby hyperterminal » Sun May 06, 2018 9:22 am

Sorgelig wrote:It's possible, but it will require every core modification specific to each core.
I'm not going to another round of 50 cores modification.

This is understandable. Most people play with the default dip switch settings anyway, as these are the only settings accepted for high score competitions. Maybe you can update just some of the more popular cores when you have some spare time. But this feature is definately not top priority.

Talking about Arcade cores: Have you considered to further improve the NES core so that (partial) support for the Nintendo VS Unisystem is added?

A first and easy step (as you already have a palette selection option) would be to add the Arcade palettes of the different VS PPUs.

They can be downloaded from here:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242970 ... try3884369

Here is a test rom that might help with the development:
https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php ... 92#p127592
Last edited by hyperterminal on Sun May 06, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Sun May 06, 2018 9:42 am

I would prefer someone will add modifications and provide the pull request to me.
I cannot handle everything myself.

oldgit
Atarian
Atarian

Postby oldgit » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Hopefully this is in the correct section:

I have robotron working in lite mode (see attached pic). I was just wondering if anyone else was working on this, it has the roms embedded in the code and my next task would be to remove this and read from the SD card. This may take some time.
I have not written code for FPGA's before and as my user name suggests I am retired. With the few brain cells left from my misspent youth I am having fun tinkering, although the smd soldering was a challenge. If some one else is working to get this going I can sit back and wait.

Dave
Old enough to remember B&W TV with 2 channels: Young enough to embrace new technology: Stupid enough to try and get it to work.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:24 pm

I remember something has been missed to create robotron arcade. Probably audio board.
So far, no one working on this core.
The pic is missing probably because you are trial user currently with limited rights.

So, you've made this arcade fully working (beside the lite mode and embedded ROM)?

As for age - i think many retro devs are 40+ already :)

oldgit
Atarian
Atarian

Postby oldgit » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:18 pm

ROBOTRON
Nearly working - I used the sound and cpu from defender together with the rom and ram code. The robotron blitter uses 4 bit so had to split the ram.
The embedded rom code was removed and now loads from SD. I am now down to less than 100 warnings.

ISSUE On loading the lite sof the system hangs for about 30 seconds - reboots then everything appears OK. The rbf does not work.

I have uploaded the code to github under davewoo999 / Robotron-for-MiSTer if anyone is interested. keys are a bit awkward but I set them up for testing. I added the joystick (2 of them) code but have no joystick to test. Instructions in the Readme.txt

There are probably timing issues as Joust will only run for around 3 levels then crashes. (work in progress as I believe they use the same core)
Old enough to remember B&W TV with 2 channels: Young enough to embrace new technology: Stupid enough to try and get it to work.

Return to “MiSTer”