hyperterminal wrote:In most cases you cannot simply change the bat files.
mspacmab is a bootleg which runs on slightly different hardware (different number of roms).
galaxian and galaxianm might be interchangeable but I have not tested this.
This is my whole point -- if you feed the .BAT file the MAME archive it says it is looking for, the script FAILS and DOES NOT BUILD the new rom file that the MiSTer core is actually looking for.
The MAME archive specified in the .BAT file for the two arcade games I gave as examples (Ms Pacman and Galaxian) DO NOT contain the files needed by the .BAT file inside their zip files, so the .BAT file cannot find what it is looking for when it unzips them and attempts to assemble the contents into new rom files, and fails with an error message.
If you substitute the actual correct MAME rom archives I mentioned, the script succeeds, creates a new rom file, and I have confirmed that what it produces (in both cases) actually works on MiSTer to play the games.