My fellow SMSers,
I just released a new core, from a new branch, named SMSMSX_20190507.rbf and you can find it here https://github.com/theflynn49/MiSTer_cores/tree/master/mode2-msx
This core supports
- mode2 graphics (like in f16 fighter)
- SMS/MSX dual compatible games (like in Cyborg Z),
- SG-1000 games (like in .. err you know.)
The question that arose is that this core has a lot of modifications in the graphic engine, more than usual, and maybe I broke a few things ...
So it would be nice if you'd test it thoroughly to see if you can find any regression, I mean any SMS native game that worked but doesn't work properly with this new core, and, at the end, choose which branch you want to keep : the new one or the old one more simple.
The mode2 graphic engine has still a few issues, like :
- the left 8 pixels columns should not be here in some games
- sprites appear on the right side of the screen in an erroneous manner
Thank you .