Buy / Sell MiSTer Expansion Boards

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Buy / Sell MiSTer Expansion Boards

Postby Sorgelig » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 am

JimDrew wrote:Shipping cost depends where you live. It's $47 for me to receive a batch of boards!

That should be a big batch fir this price.

Anyway, here is a good site to find the most appropriate PCB manufacturer for you: https://pcbshopper.com/

cvenditti
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby cvenditti » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:53 pm

I'm ready to do another batch of SDRAM boards (10 or less) if needed. I might do the extra slim and the regular this time depending on the needs.

The extra slim being more work I think $25 is a good price. The regular one will still be $22. shipping is $3.5 US and $13.5 international.

- Everything is sold -
Last edited by cvenditti on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveboogie
Atarian
Atarian

Postby daveboogie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi, I'm after a Ram board, I can't Pm atm as I don't have enough posts, here's one less anyway, how many to you need to post before PM's are allowed.

Dave

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm

daveboogie wrote:Hi, I'm after a Ram board, I can't Pm atm as I don't have enough posts, here's one less anyway, how many to you need to post before PM's are allowed.

Dave

Hi Dave - you need to do 3 posts before you can have the powers to do a PM. Sorry, but this is the forum rules to help prevent spam accounts. There are plenty of MiSTer threads you can post in to gain the other 2 posts that you need.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

daveboogie
Atarian
Atarian

Postby daveboogie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm

OK thanks for the info, another one down He He, sorry to clog up this thread with trivia but it all helps :lol:

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Sorgelig wrote:
JimDrew wrote:Shipping cost depends where you live. It's $47 for me to receive a batch of boards!

That should be a big batch fir this price.

No, that is the cost of a .5Kg package to the U.S. via DHL.

I have 100 of the slim version RAM boards now, and I am building them currently. Unfortunately, the trimming machine I have is having issues with how flexible the 90 degree legs are, so I am having to hand trim most of them. :\
I am the flux ninja

awestyn
Atarian
Atarian

Postby awestyn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:08 am

I don't see this project having a following if people can't get their hands on an assembled I/O board.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:01 am

awestyn wrote:I don't see this project having a following if people can't get their hands on an assembled I/O board.

Then start to assemble the boards and sell to others.

Who you demand to do it? Me?
It's just my hobby and i earn NOTHING from it. Do you hear me? NOTHING. Whatever has been done for MiSTer is done by me. Actually i could simply keep the whole code and HW additions on my PC only and it would be no difference to me. But i've decided to share it in hope to get more development from others.

cvenditti
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby cvenditti » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 am

awestyn wrote:I don't see this project having a following if people can't get their hands on an assembled I/O board.

I'm doing a small batch just pm me. (Just buttons, SD card reader, and fan connector) $23.
Or just do it yourself it is really easy to do even with a basic solder iron.
You can also wire directly the SD card reader to the Nano via the header.

- Everything is sold -
Last edited by cvenditti on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olin
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby olin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 am

I don't see this project having a following if people can't get their hands on an assembled I/O board.

You don't need assembled IO board to run MiSTer on DE10. You can run most of the cores without it. What you probably need is the SDRAM board as many MiSTer cores depend on it.

For me personally, the most important factor whether to follow a project or not is access to open source code and open design. MiSTer is perfect in this respect. From my experience for the 'general public' the additional costs (like price of add-on board) is also a big factor - many people are very price sensitive and sometimes if the board costs just a few dollars more than what they are happy to spend, they just lose interest. The fact that MiSTer design files for add-on boards are free and cheap to be manufactured is again a big plus for the project. Nearly anybody with access to soldering iron and a bit of skills can build them. Availability of assembled board is tricky because these boards are assembled by enthusiasts in small batches which means they are expensive - unless the maker is very generous and donates his/her time and effort to the community. Bigger batches are potentially more cost effective, but the total costs of the production are too high and risky - you may end up with 900 assembled boards laying abandoned in your loft. As was written above anybody is welcome to produce the boards and make them available for the public, which is great.

i earn NOTHING from it

I appreciate your time and effort you spent on this project Sorgelig, and I think many others on this forum feel the same. MiSTer is already a big success, no need to be bitter about random comments.

areeve
Atarian
Atarian

Postby areeve » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:38 am

cvenditti wrote:Please PM if interested.

Likewise, I'd be interested in both a MISTer SDRAM and I/O board, but can't PM as I don't post here much.

cvenditti
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby cvenditti » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:11 pm

cvenditti wrote:

I'm doing a small batch just pm me. (Just buttons, SD card reader, and fan connector) $23.
Or just do it yourself it is really easy to do even with a basic solder iron.
You can also wire directly the SD card reader to the Nano via the header.

- Everything is sold -

hexadec
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hexadec » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:01 pm

I'd be interested in buying the expansion boards if another batch becomes available.
(hope it's soon) :D

PS Hi everyone...new here and probably not much use but want to learn. :cheers:

NivagSwerdna
Atarian
Atarian

Postby NivagSwerdna » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 pm

I have come across MiSTer and since I have recently been teaching myself VHDL and also have some vintage games this seems to be a perfect mix. I currently have a DE2 so will have to order a DE10-Nano...

Anyway... I would like to use MiSTer with the joystick and button hardware in my arcade cabinet so that implies a large number of button interfaces and probably some kind of isolation between the DE10-Nano and the hardware... the I/O board doesn't seem to do this... does such a board exist or is it for me to create it!

Thanks in advance
Nivag

PS
I will probably do a run of 10x SDRAM board... I am UK based.

alanswx
Atariator
Atariator

Postby alanswx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 pm

NivagSwerdna wrote:Idoes such a board exist or is it for me to create it!

I think a USB adapter that already exists for raspberry pi, etc. would be easiest.

NivagSwerdna
Atarian
Atarian

Postby NivagSwerdna » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:24 am

NivagSwerdna wrote:I would like to use MiSTer with the joystick and button hardware in my arcade cabinet so that implies a large number of button interfaces and probably some kind of isolation between the DE10-Nano and the hardware
IMHO USB isn't appropriate in this context.
I see that PiJamma (which interfaces RPi to Jamma) uses a set of shift registers to expand to the number of buttons.
A trio of SN74HC165 attached to the 'Arduino' pins would seem to be a possible solution. Any opinions?
Last edited by NivagSwerdna on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Sorgelig » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:32 am

NivagSwerdna wrote:I have come across MiSTer and since I have recently been teaching myself VHDL and also have some vintage games this seems to be a perfect mix. I currently have a DE2 so will have to order a DE10-Nano...

Anyway... I would like to use MiSTer with the joystick and button hardware in my arcade cabinet so that implies a large number of button interfaces and probably some kind of isolation between the DE10-Nano and the hardware... the I/O board doesn't seem to do this... does such a board exist or is it for me to create it!

Thanks in advance
Nivag

PS
I will probably do a run of 10x SDRAM board... I am UK based.

All available expansion boards are published. If you cannot find something, then it doesn't exist. Your requirement is very specific to your own needs. So, you need to design it yourself and then add support for it.
As suggested above, it's better to use some USB adapter. Or even you can take some existing USB joystick/pad with enough buttons and use its PCB to wire external buttons.

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:33 am

I have to agree that support for a Jamma interface board would be a REALLY great thing. At that point we could put MiSTer in an arcade cabinet and use real arcade sticks, buttons, etc.
I am the flux ninja

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Newsdee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 am

(moved post on arcade cabinet to new thread)
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=33090&p=338294#p338294
Last edited by Newsdee on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NivagSwerdna
Atarian
Atarian

Postby NivagSwerdna » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't want to pollute the Buy/Sell thread too much with this discussion.

The USB based solutions are interesting, they obviously route to USB and then across the HPS into the core. I looked at the implementation and it appears that joystick_0 and joystick_1 are 16bit registers updated with a CMD from the HPS. It therefore seems feasible to update joystick_ directly on the core side with input from a scanned chain of shift registers (with voltage level conversion and current limiting on the switch side). I'll add it to the project list!

blackadder
Atarian
Atarian

Postby blackadder » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi,
I just ordered a DE10nano and need a mem board or IO w/ mem.
I am living in germany.
TIA

hexadec
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hexadec » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi again all.

I have a couple of Vertical SDRAM boards for sale at £25 including European postage.
Unfortunately that's what it cost me to make them.

Tested at 150MHz - zero errors.

hexadec
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hexadec » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:32 pm

@blackadder
Can't PM you so I've sent you an email through the Forum account.

Please reply here if it doesn't arrive. :cheers:

Gandor
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Gandor » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Anybody have a (partial) populated IO board for sale?
Don't need VGA but do need the 2nd sd card, hookup for fan and push buttons.

hexadec
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hexadec » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Gandor wrote:Anybody have a (partial) populated IO board for sale?
Don't need VGA but do need the 2nd sd card, hookup for fan and push buttons.

The second SD card is very easy to do yourself and opens up a few cores.
I haven't bothered with the fan and buttons yet.

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=32847&p=338696#p338696

Return to “MiSTer”