Buy / Sell MiSTer Expansion Boards

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Buy / Sell MiSTer Expansion Boards

Postby alexh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:45 am

No-one in the UK / EU selling MiSTer expansion boards?

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Yes, I will have them on my website (www.cbmstuff.com). I ship world-wide.
I am the flux ninja

amadama
Atarian
Atarian

Postby amadama » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 pm

JimDrew wrote:Yes, I will have them on my website (http://www.cbmstuff.com). I ship world-wide.

Hi Jim,
Would like to buy some boards (like RAM and VGA board). Looking forward to your builds.
Thanks,
Alex

hlide
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hlide » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:55 pm

Same here from France.

I may be interested in buying the necessary expansion boards for a complete MiSTer.

Hlide

Slade
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Slade » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:53 am

You can add me to the list of interested people in the expansion board, along with the RTC board if you intend on making those as well.

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 pm

I ordered 50 of each IO, RTC, and RAM boards. I will be offering bare boards for sale, along with kits, and fully assembled versions.
I am the flux ninja

hlide
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hlide » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:04 pm

JimDrew wrote:I ordered 50 of each IO, RTC, and RAM boards. I will be offering bare boards for sale, along with kits, and fully assembled versions.

by fully assembled versions, you mean including the main card with FPGA (DE-10 nano kit) or simply the ones to be inserted into the main card?

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm

I mean bare add-on boards, add-on board kits, and fully assembled add-on boards. I will not be selling the DE-10. I already tried to purchase them in quantity, and the Terasic won't allow it with any type of discount. If you are a student, you can purchase the board from them directly for $99 instead of the normal $130 retail.
I am the flux ninja

RussellCofIdaho
Atarian
Atarian

Postby RussellCofIdaho » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:50 pm

JimDrew wrote:I mean bare add-on boards, add-on board kits, and fully assembled add-on boards. I will not be selling the DE-10. I already tried to purchase them in quantity, and the Terasic won't allow it with any type of discount. If you are a student, you can purchase the board from them directly for $99 instead of the normal $130 retail.

Thanks for taking this on Jim, I know it's early but any idea of price or timeline yet?
Russell Courtenay

Idaho - USA

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 am

RussellCofIdaho wrote:
JimDrew wrote:I mean bare add-on boards, add-on board kits, and fully assembled add-on boards. I will not be selling the DE-10. I already tried to purchase them in quantity, and the Terasic won't allow it with any type of discount. If you are a student, you can purchase the board from them directly for $99 instead of the normal $130 retail.

Thanks for taking this on Jim, I know it's early but any idea of price or timeline yet?

Bare boards are in route to me, so I expect them by the end of the week. I won't have the parts for kits/assembled units until the end of the week. I have no idea on pricing yet.
I am the flux ninja

kolla
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby kolla » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Got my board yesterday! :D

Only one thing that puzzled me a little as I assembled it with the DE10-nano, is why the board is not 6-7 mm longer, with screw holes for all 4 screws :)
-- kolla

Nextric
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Nextric » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:53 am

Hello JimDrew, ¿Will you put the addons Boards to sell in your webpage when you have the materials?
:D

Sorgelig
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Sorgelig » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:20 am

kolla wrote:Only one thing that puzzled me a little as I assembled it with the DE10-nano, is why the board is not 6-7 mm longer, with screw holes for all 4 screws :)

price.

lguilherme
Atarian
Atarian

Postby lguilherme » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Are all the boards taken?

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:14 am

I got bare boards in today. I will be offering the bare boards shipped world-wide. I might offer the RAM boards assembled, but I am not sure if I will be offering any others assembled. I didn't realize that these boards are double-sided (components). This requires gluing each component to the board as part of the SMT placement. I don't have the glue for that, and since I have never used it before it might not be something that I want to actually do.... but I am looking into it. I will be putting the bare PCB's on my website shortly.
I am the flux ninja

cvenditti
Atarian
Atarian

Postby cvenditti » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:03 am

I have a couple of SDRAM Boards to sell $22 + Shipping.
One RTC board $14 + Shipping.
One extra Sunon Fans MF40100V2-1000U-A99 $5 + Shipping.
I have also a couple spare of SDRAM 3.2 PCB / IO Board 5.2 PCB / RTC PCB.
Please let me know via PM.

SDRAM Boards:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282742476635?s ... 1555.l2649

PCBs Only:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282742496788?s ... 1555.l2649
Last edited by cvenditti on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zamp
Atarian
Atarian

Postby zamp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:55 pm

JimDrew wrote:I got bare boards in today. I will be offering the bare boards shipped world-wide. I might offer the RAM boards assembled, but I am not sure if I will be offering any others assembled. I didn't realize that these boards are double-sided (components). This requires gluing each component to the board as part of the SMT placement. I don't have the glue for that, and since I have never used it before it might not be something that I want to actually do.... but I am looking into it. I will be putting the bare PCB's on my website shortly.

I'm looking for 2 each of the SDRAM (vertical), IO, and RTC boards. And components for the boards as well, though I can certainly order them myself. Will you let us know when you've added the boards to your store?
Ron

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:16 pm

I will post here once they are available. At the moment there is no complete BOM available for the IOBoard, so I can't do anything with those until that is resolved.

I wasn't planning on making the vertical version of the SDRAM board because it limits the speed of the SDRAM. Should I be making all 3 versions? Perhaps I should not stuff the board connector until it is ordered?
I am the flux ninja

Sorgelig
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Sorgelig » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

JimDrew wrote:I wasn't planning on making the vertical version of the SDRAM board because it limits the speed of the SDRAM. Should I be making all 3 versions? Perhaps I should not stuff the board connector until it is ordered?

vertical design passes 140-150MHz (you need to test it by yourself) which is not considered as limiting.
Actually vertical SDRAM is the main option. Together with latest I/O board and FAN it doesn't protrude much making the whole design is most compact.
Note that inward horizontal direction is not compatible with I/O board v5.x
But you may keep connector unsoldered till actual order - this should be more convenient for stock.

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Ok thanks... guess I better order some right angle connectors! I ordered only the vertical type.
I am the flux ninja

jcw
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby jcw » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 pm

I've just received 10 I/O v5.2 boards from iTead, for $29 incl shipping. That means there are 9 PCBs which I won't be using.

If you want one (just the bare PCB in a padded envelope), please PM me with your exact address details, send €4 via PayPal to jc@wippler.nl and I'll put it in the mail. Make that €5 if you're outside Europe. First come first served.

DSC_5875.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spidersfrommars
Atarian
Atarian

Postby spidersfrommars » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 am

I'm looking to buy a built ram and io module. I live in the united states.
Last edited by spidersfrommars on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hwemu
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hwemu » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Jcw, I'm new user and I can't send PM.
I send money with Paypal and a mail

HW

awestyn
Atarian
Atarian

Postby awestyn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Put me in for an IO board and a RAM board as well. I've been checking CBMStuff just about everyday for those. How does the MiSTer stack up against FPGA Arcade Replay board by the way?

JimDrew
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby JimDrew » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:32 pm

I am going to only build 10 of the IOBoards. They are double-sided SMT, so they have to be hand assembled on one side.. real pain. I already have SDRAM boards and RTC boards (with MCP79410) that are built. I just have to add them to the website.

The MCP79410 is something that I have used in the past, and offers EEPROM and RAM on top of the normal RTC functions. I don't know if any core will take advantage of those, but they are there.

The MiSTer is nice because the DE-10 is inexpensive. However, the hardware difference (quality and features) of the DE-10 vs. the Replay (and new Replay2) is quite substantial. The Replay has a DVI connector, so you can output in DVI, VGA, or HDMI all from the same connector by just changing the cable... no add-on board required. There is 64MB of SDRAM (>200MHz), single SD card, expansion IO, dual DB9 joystick ports, 96bit audio, and composite/SVideo outputs. The daugher-board has Ethernet, another 64MB of SDRAM, multiple USB type A and Mini-B ports, 34 pin floppy drive interface, and a 68060 socket. Considering that a lot of the arcade cores for MiST/er have come from MikeJ (creator of Replay), you know the person behind this product knows what he is doing. I have been helping Mike with the Amiga stuff for several years, and I am the North American distributor for Replay.
I am the flux ninja

Return to “MiSTer”