Raspberry & Hatari

Other FPGA systems, e.g. Turbo Chameleon.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

ryo
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Raspberry & Hatari

Postby ryo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am

Hello,
I would like to create a distro for raspberry as an amibian but with hatari. Is there a tutorial? Thank you.

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Raspberry & Hatari

Postby Eero Tamminen » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:33 pm

ryo wrote:I would like to create a distro for raspberry as an amibian but with hatari. Is there a tutorial? Thank you.

I haven't seen any tutorial. I assume it would go along the lines of:
1. install headless setup (no GUI)
2. purge all extra services that start at boot up (printer, bluetooth etc)
3. install X
4. build Hatari from sources (because latest Debian/Ubuntu Hatari is buggy 2.2 version instead of week newer v2.2.1)
5. add X to boot up and set it to use Hatari or (Python) Hatari UI as the "desktop"

If you use Hatari UI, i.e. have also help menus, you should install firefox for viewing the doc, and have network connectivity as some of the doc links in Hatari UI point to www-sites.

If your Raspi is battery powered, I'd recommend using Hatari UI, as that can better pause Hatari to avoid battery usage when user wants to stop Hatari temporarily (libSDL's internal joystick handler does busy polling, and process needs to be externally suspended to stop that).

siriushardware
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby siriushardware » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Eero Tamminen wrote:
4. build Hatari from sources (because latest Debian/Ubuntu Hatari is buggy 2.2 version instead of week newer v2.2.1)

Sorry, can you just clarify: V2.2.0 is the version with bugs, so build from V2.2.1 source, correct?

Eero Tamminen
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Eero Tamminen » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 am

siriushardware wrote:
Eero Tamminen wrote:4. build Hatari from sources (because latest Debian/Ubuntu Hatari is buggy 2.2 version instead of week newer v2.2.1)

Sorry, can you just clarify: V2.2.0 is the version with bugs, so build from V2.2.1 source, correct?

Yes, v2.2 is buggy (incorrect emulation for UNPK instruction).

v2.2.1 with a fix was released week later, but for some reason Debian Hatari maintainer didn't pick it up (I've even filed a bug about that half a year ago), and therefore Ubuntu (from 19.04 onwards) has now a buggy Hatari version, as do their derivatives.

explorer
Atariator
Atariator

Postby explorer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 am

ryo wrote:Hello,
I would like to create a distro for raspberry as an amibian but with hatari. Is there a tutorial? Thank you.

What would the difference with BeePi?

Return to “Others”