NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:41 pm

slingshot wrote:
vebxenon wrote: I don't have the old roms.

As they're under version control in Gehstock's repo, it's not terribly hard to find them.
Let me find for you:
https://github.com/Gehstock/Mist_FPGA_C ... 20Hardware


Well. Same happens. Also on MCR3, only Rampage works. Max RPM, Power Drive and Sarge are all displaying scrambled graphics.
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:45 pm

retrofun wrote:
Midway MCR Scroll, md5sum in Turbo Tag.mra seems to be wrong. It is the same as in Spy Hunter.mra:

Thanks for noticing, just usual copy-paste error :)
Work both here. But Sinistar has scrambled graphics in game sometimes for a very short time (flashing) and weird high pitch sounds.

Yeah, that's mentioned in the README. Probably the SC1 chip (blitter). The original author wrote the core for Robotron 2084 only.

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:52 pm

If you want, I can send you my files to test where they are failing... :shrug:
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:54 pm

vebxenon wrote:Well. Same happens. Also on MCR3, only Rampage works. Max RPM, Power Drive and Sarge are all displaying scrambled graphics.

Are you loading the ROMs via the OSD Load ROM?

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:00 pm

slingshot wrote:
vebxenon wrote:Well. Same happens. Also on MCR3, only Rampage works. Max RPM, Power Drive and Sarge are all displaying scrambled graphics.

Are you loading the ROMs via the OSD Load ROM?


Yes, sure. After Rampage loads :shrug:
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:03 pm

vebxenon wrote:Yes, sure. After Rampage loads :shrug:

Then I think somebody didn't read the instructions which mention ARC files.

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 pm

slingshot wrote:
vebxenon wrote:Yes, sure. After Rampage loads :shrug:

Then I think somebody didn't read the instructions which mention ARC files.


Usage:
======

Create ROM and ARC files from MAME ROM zip files using the mra utility and the MRA files.
Copy the RBF and the ARC files to the same folder.
Example: mra -z /path/to/mame/roms Tron.mra
Copy the ROM files to the root of the SD Card.

MRA utilty: https://github.com/sebdel/mra-tools-c


Sorry. It has been too confusing to me after 5 years using the classic method. Also, on the menu core from Sorgelig or when you want to change the core RBF and ARC names are displayed. Games are now working. Thanks!!
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

User avatar
retrofun
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby retrofun » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:34 pm

slingshot wrote:
retrofun wrote:
Midway MCR Scroll, md5sum in Turbo Tag.mra seems to be wrong. It is the same as in Spy Hunter.mra:

Thanks for noticing, just usual copy-paste error :)
Work both here. But Sinistar has scrambled graphics in game sometimes for a very short time (flashing) and weird high pitch sounds.

Yeah, that's mentioned in the README. Probably the SC1 chip (blitter). The original author wrote the core for Robotron 2084 only.

Whoops, sorry. Too much stuff - no time to read the READMEs :mrgreen: So those glitches are normal.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:37 pm

vebxenon wrote:
Usage:
Example: mra -z /path/to/mame/roms Tron.mra


Sorry. It has been too confusing to me after 5 years using the classic method. Also, on the menu core from Sorgelig or when you want to change the core RBF and ARC names are displayed. Games are now working. Thanks!!

The Examples have some copy-pasting errors (missing -A), but for multi-machine cores the ARC files were mentioned. I've corrected them now.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:38 pm

retrofun wrote:Whoops, sorry. Too much stuff - no time to read the READMEs :mrgreen: So those glitches are normal.

I don't say it's normal, but we have to live with them until somebody fix it :)

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:06 am

Useful link to download the latest versions of all cores without using git:

https://codeload.github.com/Gehstock/Mi ... .gz/master

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 am

CPS 1 beta released :cheers: by Jotego for betatesters.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/34248428
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

goran
Atari maniac
Atari maniac
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby goran » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:41 pm

slingshot wrote:Useful link to download the latest versions of all cores without using git:

https://codeload.github.com/Gehstock/Mi ... .gz/master


Thanks! I was cloning the repo and using just rbf cores. Is this link something static or it will include future new versions?

Best regards,
Goran

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:59 pm

vebxenon wrote:CPS 1 beta released :cheers: by Jotego for betatesters.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/34248428

It's pretty impressive to see that on MiST, because I assume it uses higher memory bandwith than the Genesis. And that's already near the limit.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:00 pm

goran wrote:
slingshot wrote:Useful link to download the latest versions of all cores without using git:

https://codeload.github.com/Gehstock/Mi ... .gz/master


Thanks! I was cloning the repo and using just rbf cores. Is this link something static or it will include future new versions?

Best regards,
Goran

It follows the master branch, always the latest.

User avatar
DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby DrOG » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:31 am

That sounds very practical and convenient! Thanks to all involved! :cheers:

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:27 am

DrOG wrote:That sounds very practical and convenient! Thanks to all involved! :cheers:

Which one? The CPS1 or the mass download? The later is standard Github feature :D

User avatar
DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby DrOG » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:56 pm

I meant the mass download. Didn't know it's a standard Github feature...

User avatar
retrofun
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby retrofun » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:03 pm

New/Updated cores:

https://github.com/Gehstock/Mist_FPGA_C ... rcade_MiST

  • Galaxian Hardware/Z80 Based
  • IremM62 Hardware/Lode Runner/Snapshot
  • Midway MCR 1
  • Midway MCR 3 Monoboard

Thanks slingshot & Gehstock!

One md5sum didn't match for me:

Galaxian Hardware/Z80 Based:

Code: Select all

45a9eae5a2be0096679208c03149eeca        ./chewing.rom
warning: md5 mismatch! (found: 45a9eae5a2be0096679208c03149eeca, expected: bf968c9046a9456f340d6bc17be2d229)

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Great :cheers: :cheers:
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

brunosilva
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby brunosilva » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:29 pm

just delete...

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:57 am

https://github.com/Gehstock/Mist_FPGA_C ... 20Hardware

Lode Runner Arcade now released! :cheers: , public beta.

Also, Kung-Fu Master Beta/Snapshot has been released :D

https://github.com/Gehstock/Mist_FPGA_C ... r/Snapshot
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:41 pm

retrofun wrote:One md5sum didn't match for me:

Galaxian Hardware/Z80 Based:

Code: Select all

45a9eae5a2be0096679208c03149eeca        ./chewing.rom
warning: md5 mismatch! (found: 45a9eae5a2be0096679208c03149eeca, expected: bf968c9046a9456f340d6bc17be2d229)


Same here.
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:25 pm

Jotego has updated the private CPS-1 Beta:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/fantasy-34642755

Now these games are supported and running (I've tested the games):

- Final Fight
- Ghouls N Ghosts
- Knights of the Round
- Magic Sword
- Quiz and Dragons
- The King of Dragons
- Willow

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:59 pm

vebxenon wrote:Jotego has updated the private CPS-1 Beta:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/fantasy-34642755


Games take about 12 seconds to load and screen can go out of sync during that time, just be patient

Must be very big ROMs. But now there's direct SD access, which is 4 times faster than the ordinary method, and very easy to implement in the core.
https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-firmware/issues/39


Return to “MiST”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests