I've just started trying the arcade cores, starting with the ones that can be used on a CRT TV:
- Packman RGB Test #1 works great for me, only the screen does not fit, but it's normal because the game has vertical orientation
- Packman RGB Test #2 does not work, it does not show any image, only a black screen
- Galaga works fine too, the screen is not rotated but the controls can be
- Phoenix: this one works but there are graphical glitches. I'm using the version in the repository, maybe it's an old one?
I'll try the rest with VGA output, but I think they all should work ok
I'd like to ask a couple questions:
1) Are there plans to give 15KHz support for the rest arcade cores?
2) Can the screen rotations be added as an option in the OSD? I don't really mind to play whitout rotations, but if it can be added as an option, it should be good, I think
3) Can the arcade cores be done in "MAME way"? I mean, instead of make one core for every single game, it's possible to make a core for a PCB and then load the roms of the game? This could be "open a door" for make a core for a system PCB and add all the variants of the games for that PCB (something similar to the way MAME does)
I'm pretty new in the MiST world, but the things I've tried are great, so thanks for the cores and keep up with the good work
Thanks in advance for answer my questions