[Solved] MiST Hardware Revisions? MSX-Core-Problem

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

ManuFerHi
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: [Solved] MiST Hardware Revisions? MSX-Core-Problem

Postby ManuFerHi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:03 am

nightshadowpt wrote:And just tested the MSX core... gettint the "This core does not support SDHC cards." message. Was this not supposed to have been corrected on the previous version? (I may have my facts wrong :))

MSX don´t support SDHC cards, only SD and 2Gb max.
The core of Archimedes I have not spent much time, I tried 3 or 4 games and they worked fine at 140mhz without flickering, to solve those problems the creator of the core should do it, I do not have time to study in the core, I just tried to do fix for the boot in mist that did not work.

DrOG
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby DrOG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Archimedes games have often extraordinary video resolutions, i.e. 720x400, which is perhaps not so widely supported by modern monitors/TVs.

nightshadowpt
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby nightshadowpt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:39 am

ManuFerHi wrote:MSX don´t support SDHC cards, only SD and 2Gb max.

Crystal Clear... I'll have to get one then. Thanks

ManuFerHi wrote:The core of Archimedes I have not spent much time, I tried 3 or 4 games and they worked fine at 140mhz without flickering, to solve those problems the creator of the core should do it, I do not have time to study in the core, I just tried to do fix for the boot in mist that did not work.

And I am hugely grateful for what you have done. At least your version of the core boots in my MiST. Did not want to come out as ungrateful for your support.

DrOG wrote:Archimedes games have often extraordinary video resolutions, i.e. 720x400, which is perhaps not so widely supported by modern monitors/TVs.

This does not seem to be the problem. Even during boot the screen flickers (and sometimes it does not, so screen compatibility does not seem to be the issue).

There seems to be a stability issue with the core, because each time I reboot the MiST, I sometimes have flicker and other times not. weird.

Return to “MiST”