Code: Select all
1. Install Windows Subsystem for Linux (allows you to run a Unix shell on Windows):
2. Install Xming server (provides GUI APIs for the Unix shell):
3. Start the Windows Unix prompt and type (omit the > prompt) :
> export DISPLAY=:0
This tells the uqxl emulator to use the Xming display 0.
4. Install uqlx (http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/emu/index.html#uQLx_for_Linux_etc.) and go to the install directory
5. Create a directory called 'win' under the uqlx directory - this is where you can put files
directly to be visible in the emulator
6. Edit the uqlxrc-distro file to have at least the following device line.
DEVICE = WIN2,win,qdos-like
This means that the QL will see the 'win' directory as a device win2_
7. Start uqlx - it should have TK2 enabled, needed for the lrespr command
8. Get the MDI driver files from Dilwyn Jones' site: http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/utils/index.html
The zip file is called MDI_Driver.zip and the direct link at type of writing is
There is also a manual there as a separate download if you need it.
9. Unzip the MDI driver file into the 'win' directory on your PC.
10. Copy whatever files you want to put in your MDV image to the same 'win' directory.
11. Install the MDI Driver (Things to type on the QL emulator are prefixed with : - Don't type : itself!)
: LRESPR win2_MDIdriver_cde
This should report the MDI Driver version (currently 1.07)
12. Create a disk image on your local drive and mount it. We'll copy our files into that image.
: MAKE_MDI win2_myfiles_img,Files
: MOUNT_MDI 1,win2_myfiles_img
13. Now copy your files to the disk image (note you may have to convert '.' to '_' in file names)
: COPY win2_<your_file_name> TO mdi1_<your_file_name>
Repeat for all files
14. Unmount the disk image so we can convert it to a QLAY .mdv file
: UNMOUNT_MDI 1
: CONVERT2_QLAY win2_myfiles_img to "win2_myfiles.mdv"
Note the quotes to allow you to have a '.' in the file name
15. Take the .mdv file from the 'win' directory on your PC and copy it to an SD card for use with MiSTer
Users browsing this forum: desUBIKado and 3 guests