MiST - FPGA ST

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

jcarvalho
Atari User
Atari User

Re: MiST - FPGA ST

Postby jcarvalho » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am

Newsdee wrote:For those that want to help but have no knowledge of HDL, I can suggest testing and documenting the results.

I've tried every single ROM for NES that I have so I can now tell to any interested developer which games to look at, or which features would need to be added:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

There is no guarantee somebody will pick it up, but at least we can show clearly how compatible the core is and what things aren't working.

I only can see the 1 row with the headers and the blank 834 row :(

Newsdee
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Newsdee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:12 am

jcarvalho wrote:I only can see the 1 row with the headers and the blank 834 row :(

Oops sorry, I saved it with the filters on. Try it now :)

ericgus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby ericgus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:36 am

Sorgelig wrote:I've already explained that main problem is NOT money. If you will run around offering the money to everyone, then someone will eventually get your money and will go away. Money will help if there is a demand of money at the first place.
If you think you can solve everything by money, then you are wrong.

That was never suggested and I didn't say that..

I am just saying that often people want to help but they lack the time or technical abilities to do so..

you shouldn't dismiss out of hand any help that is offered is all I am saying..

Sorgelig
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Sorgelig » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:56 am

ericgus wrote:That was never suggested and I didn't say that..

I am just saying that often people want to help but they lack the time or technical abilities to do so..

you shouldn't dismiss out of hand any help that is offered is all I am saying..

I don't see a point of discussion here. If you want to help then ask the developer what he needs to improve the core and if you can provide what he needs, then do that. That's will be your help. Anything else, not asked, - won't be a help. It's as simple as that.

Newsdee
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Newsdee » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:23 am

Just to add, perhaps what is confusing is that each core is really an independent project. And if it has only one author and he stops working on it, you need to wait until somebody else picks it up.

I'm also wondering how incomplete the ST core really is? I mean sure some demos do not work but if most games and software works, is it really fair to say the core is not good enough? One person even use MiSTs in concert using MIDI ST software, so the timing is solid at least.

I do understand its a bit frustrating that the core is not 100% though. Still waiting on getting NES better in par with the RetroUSB AVS or Analogue NT mini :) I did try myself to add mappers but didnt go far.

vebxenon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby vebxenon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Gehstock wrote:If Everyone who complains about the Quality of the Cores himself some time in the Mist Community we are already much further.
What annoys me here is that nobody wants to invest some Time, everything should be free and of course perfect run (with desire features).
The Developer has no other life and nothing better to fulfill your Wishes. This is no fun anymore. ( Sorry for bad English written with Google Translator)

Actually I have no complain about the cores. Here I was just asking about news or updates of this core. I use Atari ST core too much, and last release was done more than a year ago. And sometimes I don'know if a game doesn't work because the core of because it uses an special configuration. And just know if for example some timings issues will be fixed in some future, for example.

I check github accounts two times ago, and once any update appears, I test it. I like core, I like to help developers testing his work and reporting issues, and sometimes, just sometimes, I don't get any answer, and I'm worried about the developer.

And for example, I enjoy too much your ports :)

Regards,

Salva
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

tatouine
Atari User
Atari User

Postby tatouine » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:34 am

Just a question,
Could Suska (An Open Source Atari ST(E) IP-Core written in VHDL) be developped on MiST or Mist Atari ST core is better?
DVDO Edge *2 | neoya x2vga 2 | Simple Video Scalar
XRGB-3 | XRGB-mini Framemeister
GBS-8220*2 | SLG3000 | Sync Strike |SLG Scart
HD video Converter | SCART+HDMI to HDMI+HDMI
Open Source Scan Converter (OSSC)

Return to “MiST”