[ZX Spectrum Core] New Update

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

goran
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: [ZX Spectrum Core] New Update

Postby goran » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Thanks guys. It seems that newer PVM doesn't like Pentagon timings, RGB or component, doesn't matter. I still have to find a way to "relax" PVM to accept Pentagon sync. Or find another 14Lx that works.

Best regards,
Goran

squid4
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby squid4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:50 pm

That's sad news. No problem with my L2 with 240p signals but I've had issues with 480i and the arcade cores like Tapper etc although no issues with real consoles and 480i. The Sony consumer TVs are more forgiving of signals than the PVMs.

goran
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby goran » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:15 pm

I don't have issues with any other core (that I tested). Amiga, Atari, C64, Vic-20, PAL, NTSC... everything works. That's why I'm more sad about this issue and that's why I asked about timing difference between Pentagon and regular Speccys. Well, I have my old 1450QM if needed 'till I find another.

Best regards,
Goran

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Postby slingshot » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:53 pm

desUBIKado wrote:OK, I get it.

By the way, I have published a post on this subject (in Spanish) in case someone wants to see it and find it useful

Now you can use the ARC files for this purpose. You can define any number of variants for a single spectrum.rbf with different romsets.

desUBIKado
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby desUBIKado » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 pm

slingshot wrote:
desUBIKado wrote:OK, I get it.

By the way, I have published a post on this subject (in Spanish) in case someone wants to see it and find it useful

Now you can use the ARC files for this purpose. You can define any number of variants for a single spectrum.rbf with different romsets.

You're right. A good excuse to learn how to create .arc files. I'll make it and I will post my .arc files in case someone wants to use them.

goran
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby goran » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Yes please. I'm on mac and I don't have the necessary will power to cope with the rom creation right now. :)

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Postby slingshot » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:26 pm

You don't have to create new ROM file (the rom= method in mist.ini should work with ARC files, too). The ARC itself is very simple, 3-4 lines in INI format.

Return to “MiST”