Brief description of steps performed
Description of desired outcome
Description of actual outcome
Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Steem SSE 3.9.2 Switching from Fullscren back to Windowed

Postby Cogweasel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 am

First I must say; a big thank you to our action hero of choice, for his continued updates to STEEM, excellent work Steven! :)

I have a bit of an issues with 3.9.2 though. When I switch back from full screen to windowed mode, the screens gets all messed up.

oups.png

The emulator continues to run however and if I switch back to full screen everything is back to normal. But every time after that, that I switch back to windowed the screen is borked. Windowed mode works fine when I start STEEM. The previous versions of the emulator does not have this problem for me. I am using Win10 and the D3D 32-bit version of STEEM.

Another thing; did you merge the "ST Aspect Ratio" setting with the new "ST Monitor" setting? I would like to have this as separate setting, if possible, so I can get a stretched "video like" output for my recordings, without the scanlines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Steem SSE 3.9.2 Switching from Fullscren back to Windowed

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:13 pm

About the bug, it "works for me", so I'm afraid you will have to give us more info on what could provoke that.
At which version does the bug appear?
I notice your window seems very large, is it maybe treble size? Please copy your options/trace.
Which program triggers the issue? All?

About the ST screen, indeed, I merged options 'Interpolated scanlines' and 'PAL Aspect ratio', to make it simpler, it's Steem's current version of "filters", and it's more understandable than the previous names. I'll think about it again.

Meanwhile you can do two things about it:
- In the ini file, in the [display] section, edit the line InterpolatedScanlines=0 :
rogue_pal_ratio.png

- Or adjust the window yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:06 pm

It appeared in the 3.9.2 32-bit D3D version, all previous versions have worked fine. 3.7.3 and 3.9.1 (D3D) which I am currently using, works fine. Yes, the window is treble size. Have tried double and normal also, but the problem persists. Its always triggered no matter what program I am running, it even appears when I am using GEM.

Here's my Trace and ini files:

TRACE.txt

steem.ini.txt

Ah cool, thanks for the tip about the InterpolatedScanlines=0, didnt think about that possibility !

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Thx.
Could you try to set fullscreen option Bits per pixel to 32?

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Yupp, that did the trick! Had a feeling this was more Win10/D3D related. Thanks for the help! Is that a new setting BTW? Or maybe I have just completely failed to notice it :) ...

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:12 pm

It's a new setting, but visibly it confuses Steem when coming back from fullscreen. It didn't do that on my test computers, but they run XP and Vista, so maybe it has something to do with Win10, to tell the truth I'm surprised you have 16bit available.
Thx for the report.

Return to “Support”