Brief description of steps performed
Description of desired outcome
Description of actual outcome
Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Incorrect screen size in Shadow of the Beast

Postby Cogweasel » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

I just ran into a somewhat odd problem in STEEM. I was doing some recording of Shadow of the Beast and oddly enough the load screens with the scrolling text is in the wrong size. The rest of the game is fine, but the load screens are smaller, in full screen mode at least. Haven't had time to toy around with windowed mode with this problem. The problem exists in 3.9.1, 3.9.3 and 3.9.4 for me. But not in 3.7.3 where the size is correct. Maybe there some resolution switching or similar technical stuff going on in the screen that causes this. Does this seem familiar to you Steve?

I have included two screen shots, the second one is the correct one. The only thing I have done to them is to crop both of them the same amount. Original full screen resolution here was 1680x1050.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steven Seagal
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Incorrect screen size in Shadow of the Beast

Postby Steven Seagal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:44 pm

You didn't post your settings but maybe the 'crisp' setting is set and the game displays in medium resolution for a while, that would cause that if that's the biggest possible on that screen.
In the CIA we learned that ST ruled
Steem SSE: http://sourceforge.net/projects/steemsse

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 pm

The crisp setting is indeed set, but not quite sure why that should cause this. But I am no expert :). I just realised that my 3.7.3 version is DirectDraw and as I said there it works like its supposed to. The other versions are using D3D ... and D3D is driving me bonkers right now!

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 pm

I think maybe the game is switching between low res and med res; the picture is low res and scrolling text is med. In that case shouldn't this be considered a bug? Or am I just missing something :) ...

Return to “Support”