Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Atarieterno
Atari God
Atari God

MIDI Light Extender 4024A (SoundLight).

Postby Atarieterno » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:45 am

Does anyone have this device?

MIDI LIGHT EXTENDER 4024A.
The MIDI-Light-Extender is a universal converter that converts normal MIDI-information into control signals and vice versa. It can be integrated into any light and sequencer system with one input and one output for the multi-core cable to the lighting system and the connections for MIDI IN, MIDI OUT and MIDI THRU. All lamps can be controlled with different brightness (real-level). Complete scenes and effects are stored in the device.

SoundLight - 01.jpg

Sequencer controlling:
Fully automatic processes can be programmed if the controller is run via a sequencer program. Light and music 100% synchronous - effects to the point exactly. Every sequencer software and every hardware sequencer is suitable. Powerful software even makes it possible to position faders on the screen and to use the MIDI LIGHT EXTENDER like a mixer.

SoundLight - 03.jpg

System integration:
The MIDI LIGHT EXTENDER fits into any existing lighting system. The 0-10V input converts information from the console into MIDI signals, and MIDI information goes to the dimmers as a 0 ... 10V control signal. If you do not have a light console, the 12 front panel pots can be used to adjust the set.

SoundLight - 05.jpg

User setup:
MIDI channel, sampling rate, transpose, and function of the inputs and outputs can be programmed by the user. These values are "remembered" on the device, they will be stored internally until the next change. Each MIDI light extender evaluates 24 notes; Up to 5 extenders can be operated together on the same MIDI channel. With 16 MIDI channels, up to 1920 light circuits can be controlled, each lamp with individual brightness!

SoundLight - 04.jpg

SoundLight - 06.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: MIDI Light Extender 4024A (SoundLight).

Postby charles » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:36 pm

outrageous!!!!
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

Atarieterno
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Atarieterno » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:58 am

charles wrote:outrageous!!!!

Why, dear mate?

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:40 am

it predefined the transition from eras ,
from disco lights to rock star lighting

Atarieterno
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Atarieterno » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:31 am

charles wrote:it predefined the transition from eras ,
from disco lights to rock star lighting

Atari has been in ALL professional activities, especially in music and related. I no longer get angry when Amiga's fanboys sing praises to their computers comparing them to Atari, I simply smile, smile and work for a while with my Cubase. :wink:

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Postby charles » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:42 am

its one supberb package , Cubase .

Id love to write my own modules for it someday ,
almost at that level of programming now .

of course they would not control light apparatus ....hehehe

Miguel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Miguel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 pm

That's basically just an old school DMX lighting system. You could hook a modern one up to your Atari and use a Cubase mixer map to control the lighting via MIDI too if you were so inclined. It is kind of cool seeing a reference to the Atari in the old literature though isn't it?

Atarieterno
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Atarieterno » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am

Miguel wrote:That's basically just an old school DMX lighting system. You could hook a modern one up to your Atari and use a Cubase mixer map to control the lighting via MIDI too if you were so inclined. It is kind of cool seeing a reference to the Atari in the old literature though isn't it?

Unfortunately, if I have to explain what is cool, it means that we are very far from understanding.
I suppose that anything ancient from Atari could be imitated with modern systems, but the point is to refer to the source, enjoy the original material, the old device designed for use with the computer of his time. I bought one of the devices, I have fun looking for pieces and completing the puzzle, maybe a Christmas party synchronizes my Atari with music and lighting, but the fun is not the party: it is the possibility of doing it with old devices; surely it is easier and cheaper to hire a DJ with its sound and lighting system, but that is not what I am looking for.
On the other hand, in the second half of the 80s all computers could not professionally handle MIDI devices for music and lighting, and many of them have not had Cubase. Atari is present in all professional fields.
I hope I have explained clearly enough, but I will give another example: any current computer can record multitrack audio, even a laptop; why get complicated with Atari and devices from the 80s and 90s? because we are in Atari-forum, not in "Prosound News 2019".
Greetings.

Moto Guzzi Hispania.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Miguel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Miguel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:30 am

Unfortunately you do kind of have to explain what your concept of cool is because not everyone uses their Atari in the same way. Some people are not strictly retro purists and are therefore often relived to discover that there is some alternative to what they had assumed was a hard to find Atari specific peripheral. Don't get me wrong I think it's cool to explore what did work with the Atari but just as cool is exploring what will work with the Atari.

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”